Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 22, 2006, 06:28 AM
    Listen to a particular Pink Floyd, Dark Side of the Moon, I think
    And watch the Wizard of Oz, the movie goes along with the music, it is very funny
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2006, 06:34 AM
    Ill try thank thanks J_9
    Long time no speak - hope you are well :)
    Expert

Jun 22, 2006, 06:35 AM
    Doing well, at Mum's for vacation.

Yes, check it out, it is too funny I never get past the scene in the woods with the scarecrow dancing.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jun 22, 2006, 09:19 AM
    I forgot about The Clash. Love them!
    Dr D Posts: 698, Reputation: 127

Jun 22, 2006, 01:14 PM
    I am amazed that this illustrious forum has failed to mention Queen. I saw them in Phoenix a couple of months ago. Great musicians. Not quite the same without Freddy, who was replaced by Paul Rogers of Bad Company.

My absolute favorite is (old) Pink Floyd. I saw (new) PF at Sun Devil Stadium about 10 years ago, on a cold drizzely eve. Some smuggled JD and their sound that actually made the earth move, and about 4 hours of music with a 15 minute break, made it a memorable experience.

I advise all to pick up a DVD of Roger Waters doing The Wall in Berlin. The music (I think) is better than the original. When I expire and am turned into a crispy critter, I have instructed my son to play "Comfortably Numb" at the wake/party afterwards.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2006, 01:28 PM
    Rolling Stones
    Beatles
    Kinks
    Who
    Free
    Jethro Tull
    Blue Oyster Cult
    New York Dolls
    Lynyrd Skynyrd
    Oasis
    Strokes
    UB40
    Bob Marley
    Not in any certain order however, the Stones Rule the entire universe. I have seen them three times and I will rob, murder, pilage or plunder to see them just one more time before either me or Keith die of old age!:D
    Uber Member

Jun 22, 2006, 03:59 PM
    Shucks, Can't give rep to agree... Dr. D is dead on: Queen rocks!

Magprob, I've had the pleasure of seeing UB40 4 times, once from the front row in L.A. with tickets won on a radio station.

Their shows are fantastic.

... and most people have never heard of the tunes on their first album, which in my opinion was their best.
    dave5150 Posts: 39, Reputation: 5

Jun 22, 2006, 05:19 PM
    My favorite music is mostly 70s classic rock and 80s hair metal. My favorites are Kiss, Led Zeppelin, Def Leppard, Rush, Eagles, Scorpions, Whitesnake, Iron Maiden, Motley Crue, Doobie Brothers.
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Jun 22, 2006, 06:56 PM
    I love all the bands that have been listed so far... lol... I'm not even 30 yet and most of these bands date me to something older, I do have a couple that haven't been listed yet though... lol

Depeche Mode (old stuff)
    Orgy
    38 special
    Alice Cooper
    Judus Priest
    Journey
    Forenier

And I'm sure I can think of more... anything late 70s and the 80s into the early 90s then it all turns to crap. I like old ozzy but I think the man needs to retire... lol... not that that will ever happen.
    Stormy69 Posts: 290, Reputation: 98

Jun 22, 2006, 11:30 PM
    Brittany Spears! * smirk*
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2006, 12:07 AM
    OH NOOOO not britney spears... nooooooo!!
    I only liked 1 song of hers and that was Toxic.. the rest really not my cuppa tea :(
    rd68 Posts: 122, Reputation: 10

Jun 23, 2006, 10:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by magprob
    Rolling Stones
    Beatles
    Kinks
    Who
    Free
    Jethro Tull
    Blue Oyster Cult
    New York Dolls
    Lynyrd Skynyrd
    Oasis
    Strokes
    UB40
    Bob Marley
    Not in any certain order however, the Stones Rule the entire universe. I have seen them three times and I will rob, murder, pilage or plunder to see them just one more time before either me or Keith die of old age!:D
    How Can you sit their and think that Oasis,The strokes And UB40 are real rock bands?They only lasted threw the late 80's and some of the early 90's.Thier not even in the category of rock they shouldn't even have been a group more less.
    Northwind_Dagas Posts: 348, Reputation: 83

Jun 23, 2006, 10:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rd68
    How Can you sit thier and think that Oasis,The strokes And UB40 are real rock bands?They only lasted threw the late 80's and some of the early 90's.Thier not even in the catagory of rock they shouldn't even have been a group more less.
    Can't speak for The Strokes or UB40, but I think Oasis is definitely a rock band. Also, their last album was released in May of last year. In fact they've released 5 albums since February of 2000... hardly "late 80's and some of the early 90's."

http://www.oasisinet.com/site.php?site=albums&atype=0
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2006, 11:26 AM
    UB40 is a class act.

Yes, they went Top40 with some of their stuff, but check out their first album sometime; very impressive stuff if you like big band reggae.

This weekend I'll put some mp3s from their first album for y'all to check out.
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2006, 12:05 PM
    Well hey, it's the weekend already! So here you go; tunes from UB40s first album. A couple of them are instrumentals.
    http://www.jackson8.com/music/signingoff

These are not for sharing, they are for listening. I am allowing you my friends to listen to my collection. Does that cover my rump a bit? I'm sure not, so to be safe I'll take them down at some point, so listen now! ;)
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 23, 2006, 01:33 PM
    Just a bit of Trivia about UB40.
    The band is named from the paper form issued by the UK for claiming unemployment benefits (UB40 = Unemployment Benefits, Form 40); during the Thatcher years, still in use today, British slang referred to unemployed people as UB40s.
    Expert

Jun 23, 2006, 01:52 PM
    Yes, Mag, you may know what I WAS doing. That was a long time ago, bfore kids!! Anyway, watching OZ is funny that way.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Jun 23, 2006, 05:12 PM
    I will certainly date myself here but its hard not to put in a vote for an old pal... Bob Seger (who played at my high school dances before he was famous... Bob Seger and the Plain Brown Wrapper LOL). I think he qualifies as a classic rocker, no?

And Alice Cooper is actually an astute businessman and a fairly accomplished golfer, now doesn't that just blow your mind!
    Stormy69 Posts: 290, Reputation: 98

Jun 23, 2006, 06:38 PM
    K I was just kidding about bratty.. I have to say just about every band mentioned already.. plus genisis & the eagles
    Uber Member

Jun 24, 2006, 05:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben
    Just a bit of Trivia about UB40.
    Yes, and in fact the first album cover was of that form... but if you purchase it today it has a different cover. I think the original is worth some bucks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Who is/was your least fav.rock group? [ 15 Answers ]

Now this in cludes Boy Bands,Punk Rock And Girl Bands. Mine: E.L.O. Poison Zebra X.Y.Z Uriha Heep Styx Montrose Sammy Hagar

Group - A & Group-T shares [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I just want to know what are Group-A shares & Group-T shares and what we mean by that. On what basis this groupings are done

Kid rock [ 2 Answers ]

I heard that Kid Rock has a well known father, but I didn't catch the name. Does anyone know anything about this?

Lab ate a rock [ 2 Answers ]

My 9 month old lab threw up a good sized rock in the middle of the night. He seems to be fine now but should I be concerned about anything internal that may have been hurt?

Hit a rock [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Sears Craftsman 2.0 mower. I hit a rock and now the mower is making noise. It still operates, still cuts, but the pullstart wire vibrates like crazy and it sounds like something is striking underneath. The blade looks okay and I don't see any apparent damage underneath. Any ideas?

View more questions Search