Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bobkramer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2008, 05:11 AM
    Vista gets error message that "vista has timed out" while trying to back-up
    This machine has been doing this for over a month and I can't solve the problem. When I attempt to back-up disk onto external drive I get the meesage that back-up is not complete because Vista has timed-out.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2008, 11:10 AM

What program are you using to backup?

Has it ever worked before?

Any changes that either happened or that you perhaps made to your computer around the time that the problem started; particularly any software or hardware that you installed or setup.

Do you have programs that are scheduled to run, such as an antivirus to update or other programs that auto check for updates?

-disable antivirus as it constantly runs when PC is running
    -Check your task scheduler and disable them while try to backup
    Start, programs, accessories, system tools, task scheduler

-disable your screensaver while trying to backup

See if any of these things help
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 14, 2008, 11:11 AM

Sounds like there is a problem witrh communicating to the external drive.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vista: "Destination folder access denied" [ 10 Answers ]

On a Vista, I am logged in as administrator. Yet when I try to copy a file from the file server mapped as drive under "Computer' to my desktop or any folder on local drive, I get the following error: "Destination folder access denied" You need permission to perform this action Followed...

Want "contacts" under folders in Win Vista, MS Mail [ 1 Answers ]

It seems Wind. Vista likes making it harder to use. I had used O xpress in Win XP. In my new laptop comp. it came with Vista and it's Windows Mail prog. It took away the contacts list in the "folders" section. Instead of clicking on a name, then typing a message, it now takes at least 3 steps...

Vista Error Message [ 23 Answers ]

Hi, I'm having trouble installing windows vista. It is a DVD version. When I put it in I get a error code. Unknown file format Error Code:89030000 I still have windows me and would love to upgrade. There are so many things I would like to do but windows me does not support it. Is there...

Windows vista and IE 7.0."link by E-mail" [ 2 Answers ]

IE 7.0 When I click on "File" > "Send", I use to have the choice of then clicking on "page by E-mail", Link by E-mail", or "Shortcut to desktop". Those choices are "greyed" out except for the "shortcut to desktop". Please help. I often foward interesting web pages to close friends of...

""fAIL"" error message [ 2 Answers ]

My dad and mom have a Windows XP administrator account, and then mine is below theres… ? Everytime I log on to my account, an error window that says “fAIL” (typed like that) pops up. Whats goin on?

View more questions Search