Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    heyheather Posts: 69, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2008, 10:52 PM
    Less periods on birthcontrol ?
    What's the best birthcontrol for wanting less periods
    Because I have bad headaches the first few days of my period.
    So I heard about the pill you take for 3 months then have a period every 3rd month.
    But I don't want to do the shot or oval ring thing.
    I've been taking the pill I'm on now for 2 years so not sure if I should swich to something else.

What do you think?
    spyderglass Posts: 434, Reputation: 34

Nov 13, 2008, 10:57 PM

Mine are less frequent and lighter now that I'm on Mirena (IUC)
    But it depends on the woman too. I think the pill would be more reliable if you are taking it for that purpose. But my IUC is good for 5 years (they have a 10yr one too) and I don't have to worry about forgetting a pill.
    Monnml Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2013, 08:42 AM
    Personally, I thought the patches they offer did that for me very well. The only downside to that is that the patches are difficult to find a spot on your body where they won't peel off or get wrinkles in them.
    Another idea is the Nexplanon insertion in the arm, which is what I currently have and have a few months , you don't get a period for 3 months. Yes, there's a downside to this too... I've had my period for 2 weeks straight, but it is veryyy light.. I just can't wait for this part to be over with.
    Monnml Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2013, 08:44 AM
    I don't know how that got all messed up but you don't get a period for 3 years after a few months of having it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Birthcontrol not working right. [ 1 Answers ]

Is there anyway that can interacted brithcontrol? I'm just nervous about the kind I'm taking. And I don't want to become pregnant anytime soon. If I have unprotected sex and I'm taking birthcontrol could I still get pregnant? Is there anyway.

Periods.birthcontrol.withdrawal method.sexual health [ 4 Answers ]

Im on my friends account. She told me about this site and is letting me use her login information to ask about a problem. I don't have internet so that's why I didn't make my own account. I am freaking out about something that happened. I have been talking to this guy for a couple of months and we...

On birthcontrol am I pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, So I am sort of freaking out by looking at all of this signs of pregnancy. I have been on the nuva ring for over a year now and because of my complete paranoia of becoming pregnant I also make sure my fiancé pulls out as well. I had sex twice this month and am due to get my period next...

Birthcontrol & how you know your pregnant. [ 1 Answers ]

Okay (may) (this month) on the (2nd) & (3rd) I had somewhat sexual contact with someone. They entered me BUT I made them get off me because it freaked me out and I was scared. On the (6th) I went through with it and used protection. My periods are off all the time. I spotted on the 8th And still...

BirthControl, Periods, And baby's [ 3 Answers ]

I got off depo, 6 almost 7 months ago. My periods are normal, 28 day cycle. Does this not mean, its possible to get pregnant? Or am I just understanding this wrong?

View more questions Search