Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angle09 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2008, 05:38 PM
    Im Suffering
    Okay so my boyfriend broke up with me 3 weeks ago, he said that he loved me but couldn't be with me because he had nothing to offer to me.. I am in no way an interested person and all I want is for him to love me and be mine.. he says that he doesn't want me out of his life and wants to be friends.. I can't be friends with the one I love... I love him and it hurts when he tells me he loves me and yet doesn't even fight for us to stay in a relationship... this is a torture and all I want is to be by his side... what can I do to influence or make his confused mind clearer? :confused:
    Bural21 Posts: 190, Reputation: 18

Nov 13, 2008, 05:49 PM
    Honestly... nothing.

Only time can tell what will happen.

Try to do things that don't involve him. Hang out with your friends, go shopping, join a gym, read a book, you get the point.

Yes, it's going to absolutely SUCK not being with him, but you'll slowly get to a point where you'll wake up one day and you won't even think about him. I promise you can do it.

This goes to any girl wondering how they can "get him back".

I'm sorry you have to go through this. Maybe all you need is time apart to clear your heads and just maybe give yourselves an opportunity to miss each other. And possibly - in that time, he'll come back. I cannot promise anything.

I'm not an expert in anyway, I've just dealt with enough relationship issues that I can promise you will get through as a better person. Even if you don't get him back, you'll learn something from this so your next relationship is a lot better.

Best of luck to you.
    firsttimedumped Posts: 49, Reputation: 4

Nov 13, 2008, 05:52 PM

I am in the same situation... you cannot make him change his mind he will have to figure it out on his own... What you need to do is get out of the house and get yourself active... if you sit around all you will do is think of him..

Plan your days so that you always have something to do...
    Give him the space he is asking for it's the only way...
    TrueFaith Posts: 1,202, Reputation: 313
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2008, 06:30 PM

I'm sorry to hear your going threw this..
    Its really hard

Give him space and time

And in the mean time.. tell him that you can't be friends with him. As this will just hurt you more.

So you be strong and keep self bussy
    Kitten78 Posts: 48, Reputation: 4

Nov 14, 2008, 11:44 AM

he said that he loved me but couldn't be with me because he had nothing to offer to me..

This is him having issues with himself. This is nothing that you can fix. Only he can fix this.

But you need to know that truly it does not having anything to do with you. It has to do with him not being ready to man up.

I pretty much got the same thing from my guy.
    And the only thing I ever wanted from him was to love me. It hurts because you do not see what he does.

In an odd way it is almost true love for him to cut it off because he feels he will fail you.

I duuno... boys are dumb.
    mandybaldwin Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Mar 13, 2011, 01:56 PM
    I don't think being friends with your ex is ann option just like all u wounderfull people have already said just let him go but explain your feeling to him that you love him but you have to let him go because it is more painful to be around him woundering if its meant to be then to just walk away. You never know he may come back or you will meet someone that loves you in return. If its meant to be it will be!

Nobody likes someone that obsesses about them.more likely to realise what they have lost when they are gone even for a while.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Am suffering Depression? [ 6 Answers ]

I think I may have a problem. Here goes: I am 21... this is supposed to be the "best year" of my life... well it's almost over. Ever since graduation, I feel alone. All my friends, ALL of my friends drifted away from one another, and some seem to be enjoying their lives much more than I am....

After suffering from a seizure [ 2 Answers ]

I have just come out of a seizure today,I don't know how long I was out, just waking up to noises,too loud for sure, and light that was too bright. It took 2 hours to acclimate myself to normalcy,than a trip to the hospital,only to get a 6 hour work over and no real answers(typically the...

Suffering Again.am I really this ignorant? [ 76 Answers ]

Ok... so I'm back. I have been on the boards browsing this whole time, but haven't really posted, but here I am again. Long story short... had a boyfriend... for about 9 months, he said he needed a break. We broke up and I thought I would die. I suffered and made myself and everyone around me...

Pain & Suffering [ 1 Answers ]

I have been asked to provide the insurance company with a dollar amount to cover my pain & suffering in order to come to a settlement amount. I am at a complete loss as to what to ask for and was wondering if there was an unspoken average to start with.

View more questions Search