Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gogo726 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2008, 05:21 PM
    Donations for broke brother
    My brother just got his Bar Exam results back and it turned out that he didn't pass by 2 points. In this situation, people usually appeal their grade so they don't have to take the exam again. My brother is in the appeal process right now and just learned that it will cost him a little over $5000 in legal fees. He is in debt with student loans so he doesn't have the money to pay for the appeal, nor does he have the money or time to take off work and retake the exam in February.

He's already working full-time but his earnings are not enough. With that said, I would like to help him raise the $5200 through some kind of donation system.

Where do I start?

BTW I am currently working in Thailand so I'm mainly trying to do this online.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 13, 2008, 05:50 PM

Let me see, depending on the school and the state, it is normal for 50 or more percent to not pass the first time taking the test.

He borrowed money to go to law school, and he has a full time job, sorry what about a second job

I do find it hard to feel sorry for smeone who went to law school and is working

But you can go door to door asking for money for them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I ask for donations for my family? [ 5 Answers ]

Our family hired a legitimate contractor to build us a full foundation for our home. On the final day he was there, we received notice that he had filed bankruptcy. After four years of our walls cracking, we found that he purposely cut corners and didn't pour our footers below the frost line. Our...

Where to start asking for Donations. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi guys, well I was wondering, which websites can you write letters to or post about donations. For example, I want to raise donations for my website, which talks about life. Here's a short description, many people are different out there, so they would like to describe what's going on, for...

Obama's donations . [ 23 Answers ]

Are they all legal ? He is getting record amts of $$$$ ;mostly from on-line donations (most under $200). Pamela Geller who writes the blog 'Atlas Shrugs' has some legitimate questions she raises . Atlas Shrugs: Obama, who is Jeanne McCurdy? She obtained a list of his donors ;a list she says is...

Donations [ 1 Answers ]

If a church is incorporated, but does not have a 501c3 status can donations be counted off on income tax. Would we be able to give a receipt for their income tax?

View more questions Search