Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ashley velez Posts: 67, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2008, 01:34 PM
    How to configure squid
    I have recently downloaded a program called squid. It is an open source program, that is a web monitor/web content filter. For the life of me I cannot figure out how to get it up an running. You have to make the configuration file yourself I assume (which I don't know how to do) and I think you need to install it in the command prompt. I will give you the link to where I got the program from, If anyone can figure out how to get it to work, let me know, record step by step what I have to do. I have windows xp service pack 3.

http://squid.acmeconsulting.it/downl...TABLE5-bin.zip

Also, If anyone knows of any programs that filter web content, monitor internet access, and can run a report on what sites people go to and when, then is free (not just a free trial, but completely free) and easier to install, please let me know!!
    ashley velez Posts: 67, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2008, 08:54 AM

Ok, I have installed the service, but I still have no clue how to edit the .conf file

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to configure router [ 2 Answers ]

What is router? How is the structure to connect to the router? And how I want to configure the router?

How to configure yum [ 1 Answers ]

hai, I had configured ftp and nfs servers in the machine. I had also Copied all the RPM's into /var/ftp/pub/RedHat/RPMS directory and also configured the rhel-debuginfo.repo in /etc/yum.repos.d as base url = ftp://serverip/pub/RedHat/RPMS and enable=0 . then I had opened the file...

Configure the ERMS ? [ 1 Answers ]

What dowe mean by configure the ERMS ? What is ERMS?

How to configure firewall [ 1 Answers ]

How to configure firewall

View more questions Search