Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Information Seeker Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2006, 12:00 PM
    Skin Lightening Creams
    I have pigmentation and freckles from over exposure to the sun. I was told about Dr Palmer's skin lightening cream and also read an article on Extreme lightening cream. I am a white middle aged lady and would like to know whether other people have used any of these or other creams successfully. Thanks ever so much
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jun 20, 2006, 09:44 PM
    Being outside in the sun may help cause freckles or make them darker. Sunlight increases freckle pigmentation. To minimize freckles, use a sunscreen daily. Over-the-counter bleaching creams will also help. With the use of Hydroquinone, Tretinoin, Alpha Hydroxy Acid and Vitamin C, the skin's tone, texture and clarity can be restored. If additional correction is desired, the skin can be treated with a light chemical peel, which will further stimulate and correct the skin.
    chadazi Posts: 13, Reputation: 1
    -

Jul 23, 2006, 10:19 AM
    I could not have said it better prettylady
    jenny ateru Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2008, 08:45 AM
    Which is more effective makari or fair and flawless?
    kpangor Posts: 357, Reputation: 2

Jul 31, 2008, 05:44 AM
    Jenny best advice makari skin care. Use the serum and the body milk together. u'll see quick results
    wompy Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2008, 01:04 PM
    Makari is by far the best. I have been using the day whitening cream and its excellent. Works so fast. Word of advice, try find a black beauty store or eBay to buy it because buying from the website takes ages to ship the product to you and the postage cost is so expensive. They must use the lowest cost shipping service but charge the price for the highest one! Their stuff works though!
    kpangor Posts: 357, Reputation: 2

Aug 12, 2008, 04:04 PM
    wompy makari leaves u with bumps or I guess each person is different
    bigeyes678 Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

Aug 12, 2008, 08:41 PM
    Yes Makari leave you bumpy skinned.
    BeAMole Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2008, 08:02 AM
    Hello,

I have wriiten some posts before on this subject. I got three emails from people I supplied my information with. There are two products you need to get for hand and face. One is glycolic acid cream (10%) also kojic acid. The Kojic acid can be founf in Palmers Skin Success Section. It will be in a box and it will state ON THE COVER that it has KOJIC acid. Do not use just any Palmers/Skin Success most of them have just hydroquinone. You need hydroquinone but in conjunction with kojic acid to speed up result. My results have been amazing for achieving an even tone. For two months I used kojic acid alone, and saw good results. (Mind you, this was on my face not hand, but skin is skin). For 3 days I have been doing the opjic regimine WITH the glycolic cream 10%. AMAZING RESULTS! Freaking amazing. My skin is so smooth. The glycolic acid sloshes off dead skin cells at amout 25% faster than normal rate! Skin cells usually flake off about once every 27-28 days. You will peel slightly but it will reveal younger, more radiant skin. Trust me.

Products I use:

Glycolic Acid Cream- 10%- from GNC or Amazon.com. I wnt list the product because I have tried several and as long as you get 10% or higher it will work, regardles of carrier. If you are intereseted in who I use: here you go: Reviva. It is strong so go lightly at first. YOU DO NOT WAS OFF! Just rub in.

Kojic Acid: Palmers Skin Success from Walmart

Here is my regimen. Morning and Night.

Wash face with Clean and Clear Blackhead Removal Wash
    Rub in glycolic acid (lightly... it make take 1-4 days for skin to get used to strength)
    Wait 2-3 minutes
    Rub in Kojic Acid
    It will definitely tingle and sting, but a dermatologist told me that the acid is penetating the layers of skin cells and "ungluing" the cells, allowing them to lift off.

PLEASE TRY THIS ONCE LADIES, you will love yourselves and your beautiful skin.

Seriously
    sarahm2009 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2009, 07:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by BeAMole View Post
    Hello,

I have wriiten some posts before on this subject. I got three emails from people I supplied my information with. There are two products you need to get for hand and face. One is glycolic acid cream (10%) also kojic acid. The Kojic acid can be founf in Palmers Skin Sucess Section. It will be in a box and it will state ON THE COVER that it has KOJIC acid. Do not use just any Palmers/Skin Success most of them have just hydroquinone. You need hydroquinone but in conjunction with kojic acid to speed up result. My results have been amazing for achieving an even tone. For two months I used kojic acid alone, and saw good results. (Mind you, this was on my face not hand, but skin is skin). For 3 days I have been doing the opjic regimine WITH the glycolic cream 10%. AMAZING RESULTS! Freaking amazing. My skin is so smooth. The glycolic acid sloshes off dead skin cells at amout 25% faster than normal rate! Skin cells usually flake off about once every 27-28 days. You will peel slighly but it will reveal younger, more radiant skin. Trust me.

Products I use:

Glycolic Acid Cream- 10%- from GNC or Amazon.com. I wnt list the product because I have tried several and as long as you get 10% or higher it will work, regardles of carrier. If you are intereseted in who I use: here you go: Reviva. It is strong so go lightly at first. YOU DO NOT WAS OFF! Just rub in.

Kojic Acid: Palmers Skin Success from Walmart

Here is my regimen. Morning and Night.

Wash face with Clean and Clear Blackhead Removal Wash
    Rub in glycolic acid (lightly...it make take 1-4 days for skin to get used to strength)
    Wait 2-3 minutes
    Rub in Kojic Acid
    It will definitely tingle and sting, but a dermatologist told me that the acid is penetating the layers of skin cells and "ungluing" the cells, allowing them to lift off.

PLEASE TRY THIS ONCE LADIES, you will love yourselves and your beautiful skin.

Seriously

DO you think I can use this kojic acid on my lips,, I have dark hyperigmentated lips that recently turned dark and spliotchy... please let me know if its safe for you rlips too thanks!
    beautifulskin Posts: 143, Reputation: 5

Aug 28, 2009, 05:30 PM

I used to use Doctor Palmer's it does work very well but, it is kind of greasy though. If you're going to use it on your face it may cause pimples if you don't wash your face thoroughly and use some kind of toner to remove all the excess oil.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Skin Lightening [ 3 Answers ]

I'm new to site and not sure how to use it, so this may be a repeat message. I'm trying to get a response from someone who has ordered the products that realsweet has recommended, or get a response from her, has anyone used these products? Or know whom to order them from?

Skin lightening [ 24 Answers ]

Helpp have dark skin need to lighten it overall.. which is the best product?

Skin lightening? [ 11 Answers ]

Okay, I may be naïve here but I have some questions about skin lightening. 1. What is it? 2. Why would you do it? I have been thinking about this with all of the threads dedicated to this topic. I thought maybe it was for someone with a dermatological problem, but it looks like I'm wrong. ...

Skin lightening [ 1 Answers ]

Is there anything like the lightening pill or bleaching cream.and is the effect permanent.

View more questions Search