Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    go1go2dc Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2008, 11:47 AM
    Felon driving a truck ,EOE?
    I have tried some. I have a felony reduced to a misdemeanor 7 years old and 10 (misdemeanor) small cases. I have passed a lot of background checks and sometimes I fail a lot. Im in the same boat. Aren't there a lot of cdl trucking companies that will give me a chance? Equal opportunity Employer? M?/F?/V?/D, case by case basis . Misdemeanor felony vandalism? violence? (learned lesson) dui dwi (never had) . 10 years old ? 7years old EOE? PLEASE HELP WITH THE NAME OF ANY TRUCK COMPANIES YOU HAVE?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Nov 13, 2008, 02:39 PM

Each carrier is different. You'll just have to keep applying to the bigger trucking companies. A spotless driving record means a lot to them as well. And no, I'm not going to name big company's names here as you can easily get them off the internet. Just talk to the recruiter at each company. You don't have to work for a company that is in the same state as you are in either. Try different states. Missouri and Ohio are big trucking company states for starters. You might end up doing a lot of OTR just to have a job though so don't turn your nose up at having to be out for a month at a time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Freee truck driving training for felon but very clean driving record? [ 22 Answers ]

I would love to drive semi's local or cross country, but I do not have the job training or the finances for driving school. Can someone please help me ? Thank you Oscar

I'm just another felon looking for a truck driving job [ 4 Answers ]

How can I find a truck driving job with a 1-year felony?

Felon looking for CDL & truck driving opportunities [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know of a truck driving company that will agree to hire a convicted felon once I get my CDL? Job Link has agreed to pay for my CDL training, but first I must get written agreement from a truck driving school that will agree to hire me once I have the CDLs. My felon is less than 5...

Truck Driving Job [ 2 Answers ]

I have had a Dui over five years ago. When I was young I got into some trouble with drugs in high school and have to prior underage drinking charge which are over 10 years old. Is it going to be possible for me to become a truck driver ever? Will anyone hire me with my background?

View more questions Search