Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iFire Posts: 39, Reputation: -1

Nov 12, 2008, 11:53 AM
    Downloading a new .iso Operating system file
    Can I just download the file to a CD with no other program associated with that extension?
    lenelson Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2008, 12:05 PM

If it is an ISO file, download it to a rememerable location on your hard drive and make a bootable CD when you write it to CD with ISO writing software , like Nero and some god freeones.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 12, 2008, 12:43 PM

What OS is this supposed to be?

Nov 12, 2008, 12:52 PM
    It is OS independent, obviously Nero is Windows, but all OSs should have ISO writing software. If you complete your CD Creation successfully, you will see all the files and subdirectories required.

Nov 12, 2008, 01:23 PM

Windows is the easyist way to create ISO disks, here is a link for one of the free creaters: Open ISO files with 7-Zip - Uberdownloads.com
    zrs_12 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2008, 06:21 PM

By the way, if the disk only has one file burned onto it after you think you have correctly burned the .iso, you've done something wrong. There should be several files on the disk when the .iso has been properly burned.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mac Operating System [ 3 Answers ]

Currently using Mac OS8.6... Is there a download available to OS 9

Downloading video for file transfer [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I am trying to dowload me playing my piano on a free life stle web site etribes. I have filmed myself on a video camera and transferred it to a dvd via a dvd player/burner. I have loaded it into my laptop a toshiba-equium A100-147, but I can't get the machine to down load the...

Downloading Security On A New System [ 3 Answers ]

I have recently purchased new gateway computer. It came loaded with McAfee internet security and Mcafee spyware. It also came with Nortin internet security 2005, webroot spy sweeper, webroot window washer, pre-empt and ghost surf 2005. When I tried to load these in I had an internet connection...

View more questions Search