Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rednoseown0304 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2008, 10:21 AM
    My Rednose seems a lot thinner
    My rednose just had a litter of pups and before she got pregnant she was pretty healthy looking,and now that she has had her litter she looks a lot thinner,you can't see her ribs but her spin is very noticeable is this normal? Thanks in advance for any help.
    Silverfoxkit Posts: 798, Reputation: 264

Nov 12, 2008, 04:31 PM

She's using a lot of her own nutrition on her puppies. You should probably feed her more then average and a higher protein food.
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2008, 04:39 PM

I rescued my pitbull only to find out she was pregnant lol.

She was strong, muscular, and healthy looking... after she had the puppies she got SOOOOOOO skinny!!

I was EXTREMELY worried, because like you said, I could see her ribs and hip bones.

But she gained the weight back is now muscular and strong. But you have to keep up with the feedings. While she was pregnant she should have eaten 3 times as much as she normally did, and be offered it 3 times a day... this continues while she is nursing the puppies.

You will see the weight start coming back on once you wean the puppies :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to get thinner arms and thighs. [ 5 Answers ]

Hi. I am a 12 year old girl, and I weigh 116.5 lbs. My thighs are 47.9cm or 18.2 inches wide. My upper arms are 29.3cm or 11.2 inches wide. I am slim, I guess, but I want to be skinny. Like very skinny. How could I lose the fat in my stomach area, lges and thigh areas and my whole arms? ...

So I want a flat tummy and thinner thighs along with less arm fat [ 1 Answers ]

OK so I'm a pretty average size girl... I wear size 11 pants and I'm proud that I went down from a size 16 so... I just want to know how I can get a flatter tummy and have a nice looking figure by the May... and smaller thighs plus gain some muscle in my arms.. I've been told that I've been gaining...

How can I get a flatter/thinner stomach [ 1 Answers ]

hey everybody, this is my first time asking a question on this sight but hi:) so i've been trying to loose weight for a while now im a girl 14 5'0 and i weigh 125, i want to know the best way to flatten my stomach, also what would be the best types of food to give up, what is the best exersizes...

Old dog poops and pees a lot a lot a lot [ 4 Answers ]

I just rescued a very old dalmatian from my neighbors she has tumors all over Her body and she is very thin . I started her on good food. I feed her a cup in a half a day And water is always available. She poops so much 5 times a day? I keep my dogs in the sun room at night when we get up there...

How to get thinner legs [ 7 Answers ]

I would like my legs (mostly my thighs) to be thinner and firmer. Does anyone know of an in-home exercise that I could do to achieve this? Sry if this question has already been asked, but it would be a lot of help to me if anyone answered. Thanks :)

View more questions Search