Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    themarsvolt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2006, 03:17 PM
    Washing Machine Drain Pipe clogged
    I have a drain pipe for a washing machine that is clogged. We have tried using a garden hose with a bladder that causes it to shoot high powered water down the pipe but to no avail. Also we tried the sulferic acid concentrate with no luck. Right now we have the drain hose just hanging inside the drain pipe. Does there need to be a secure connection between the hose and the pipe? Also does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this easily? It is just a clog so I hope I can get away without calling a plumber.
    Thanks!
    shunned Posts: 268, Reputation: 20

Jun 19, 2006, 04:07 PM
    Sounds like a snaking of the pipe is in order. No, the drain does not HAVE to be secured, only maybe, if it keeps falling out.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 20, 2006, 06:32 AM
    Shunned gave you good advice. The only way I know to be completely sure that a clogged drain is cleared is to snake it out. You do this from the roof vent. Drop the cable all the way down to the base and then about 15/20 feet more. Afterwards cycle the washer to flush out the line. Good luck, Tom
    MRKEWL1 Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Jul 16, 2007, 07:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speedball1
    Shunned gave you good advice. The only way I know to be completely sure that a clogged drain is cleared is to snake it out. You do this from the roof vent. Drop the cable all the way down to the base and then about 15/20 feet more. Afterwards cycle the washer to flush out the line. Good luck, Tom
    I am having the same problem. I ran an auger down the washer drain 25 feet, but its still clogged. I then opened the pipe outside and sealed the washer hose/drain with duct tape, and ran the washer through a drain cycle. Water came out of the pipe outside, but washer drain appears to be still clogged. I was hoping that would flush the clog out. I don't have a ladder to reach the roof to snake from there. Should I snake the pipe outside, or is it already clear? All other drains in house are normal and I'm on septic tank.
    Could the washer vent itself be clogged above the washer drain?

Thanks,
    Rich

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Washing machine drain overflow [ 11 Answers ]

We recently built an addition onto our house which includes a laundry room. The plumber installed a washer box with valves and 1.5" drain about 3' from floor. The maytag washer has overflowed right from day one. I have seen some of your replies to other people with this problem and they include...

Washing machine drain keeps overflowing [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, at my house, we have had a continuous problem over the years being that the washing machine drain will back-up and overflow from time to time. It occurs about every 6 months or so, and to fix the problem, I pour Assault down the drain, and that takes care of the problem. The washing machine...

Drain Pipe Clogged [ 3 Answers ]

We have had trouble with the water emptying completely out of our washing machine. The drain hose goes to a drain pipe behind the washer. We discovered today the the drain pipe itself is partially blocked. We used both a Snake-It auger & commercial strength Drain Out crystals to unblock it but to...

Replace toilet drain with washing machine drain [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know how I would go about taking a toilet drain and turning it into a drain for a washing machine.

Washing machine drain Ptrap [ 4 Answers ]

My washing machine water exhaust tube is connected to a verticle drain pipe for water outflow. At the bottom of this pipe, there appears to be a P-trap section. Attached to the P-trap is a tube that runs all the way up the roof and also down to the ground. It believe that the tube that goes to the...

View more questions Search