Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    High Max Posts: 271, Reputation: 43

Nov 12, 2008, 06:20 AM
    Men and muscles, ladies, what do you think?
    I've talked to quite a few of my girl friends, a lot of them tell me that women do like muscle men. One girl told me the other night that one of her best friends is a body builder, and that he gets numbers like candy from a baby at his gym, and that he got the number of some girl off myspace like it was nothing, in fact she just up and gave it to him without him asking, because of his good body. She also told me he takes many of them home with him all the time!

I know what you will tell me, but don't sugar coat it for me please. I know personality does count, and that it will be the final deal breaker in the long run. HOWEVER, I would like to know if you are more open and receptive to a man who is fit and muscular/athletic, or a cute average joe who opens up to you and starts hitting on you. Who has the better chance, or is it equal? Just from what I have been OBSERVING, it appears that the women are more receptive to muscle men. Your thoughts?

I am a slim guy, and I'm willing to bulk up if it would help me in my game and make me more desirable, as I want to put on my best face and be a step above my competition out there.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2008, 06:26 AM

If you want shallow superficial girls then go for it!
    lmnotok Posts: 217, Reputation: 37

Nov 12, 2008, 06:46 AM

Hey, first of all, if you decide to build your body up, it should be for your own strength and health, NOT JUST TO GET ATTENTION FROM GALS!!

The attractive guy is the one who has confidence in himself no matter what he looks like. If you're comfortable and proud of yourself then you'll attract girls whether you're muscular or not.

However, muscular guys are very hot since they are fit, healthy, they show to other people that they can take great care of themselves, isn't it just nice? Nicer than the lazy avarage Joe?
    MissMax143 Posts: 37, Reputation: 6

Nov 12, 2008, 06:48 AM

This is just like me asking do men prefer women with real, saggy or small breast compared to women with big fake ones!! And if so then I should go out and get myself some!

I think in today's day and age with all the magazines out there and MTV, reality shows and staz bodies it's hard to just want to be yourself!!
    It's like this…if your laying on a beach with no shirt on and there is a guy sitting next to you all cut up with a hot body, of course he will get the attention first. It's not necessarily what “women” prefer!! Just like if a flat chested women was laying next to a big chested one…the same thing…just be comfortable and confident in your own skin!! The outside is not important as much as the inside is anyway!!
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2008, 07:03 AM

Be yourself man! Don't work out because you want girls to notice you. I have gone to the gym for a long time, and NEVER did I do it for that. Do it because you will feel better about yourself and it is healthy. Life isn't worth changing things about yourself just to be accepted. Accept yourself, and if some female doesn't then her loss...
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2008, 07:05 AM

Bulk up for yourself mate, trust me, it's an illusion that girls go for muscle bound guys, it's just that once you have that body you want, you have the confidence to do anything. Right now you are intimidated by these "muscle guys" and I understand, but a girl doesn't always want that muscle guy, they want a guy they can count on, someone who will be there when they need them the most. I work out, and I work out a lot but I do it for myself because I like how I feel. Sure I get compliments about how I have gotten bigger but it doesn't mean a thing if my fiancée doesn't feel as though I am there for her.

Nov 12, 2008, 07:33 AM

I just want a beautiful girl to like me again, but not being muscular seems to be a hindrance on my game.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2008, 07:34 AM

No, your confidence is a big downfall to your game. Anyone can get anyone, just have to go for it
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2008, 07:35 AM

Yeah, Rome is right. If you are so worried about being loved you obviously don't love yourself enough.

Nov 12, 2008, 07:42 AM

Women just seem so mixed in which ones tell me that I'm good looking, and ones that say I'm not. I want to compensate with a sexy build to help improve that confidence, so that it may help that they won't just base it on my slim type.
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2008, 07:47 AM

Here is a question for you: What do you think of yourself? Are YOU happy with yourself? What do YOU want to change? Not because of other people's opinions, but because YOU want to do it.

Nov 12, 2008, 07:57 AM

I really don't know. I am not really all that happy with myself. I have issues with vanity and looks, and I feel like a hollow shell who can only thrive based on the validation of attractive women. Pretty interesting, I know. I don't know what's wrong with me but I certainly wish that I didn't need other peoples validation to make me happy.
    jmw0713 Posts: 1,012, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2008, 08:32 AM
    High Max, I think your not looking at the gym in the proper manner. Going to the gym will boost your confidence in yourself by making you fit and feel good. The confidence and love of yourself is what gets the ladies, not necessarily the muscles.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 12, 2008, 10:17 AM
    Its not what's ouside, that gives you confidence, and strength, its what you build inside.

Learn to love yourself the way you are, or no matter what you do, will fail. Do things for yourself, not to attract someone.

The most attractive human in the world, is on who is confident, because he loves himself, and happy with who he is and willing to share that happiness.

Google, "How to build self esteem, and confidence".

Women just seem so mixed in which ones tell me that I'm good looking, and ones that say I'm not.
    You dodo, you can't please them all. Pick one, and if that doesn't work, pick another. The options are endless.
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2008, 02:35 PM

Hit the gym but don't become a punk. Muscles are manly, and women love manly, but nobody likes a prick.

Just keep that in mind.
    TrueFaith Posts: 1,202, Reputation: 313
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2008, 03:04 PM

Im a good looking guy I have a great body.. and all the stuff going for me..

Well my girls left me. For people who was like 300 pounds and. Just the total Diff. of myself.

You know :) and I learnt this the hard way.. I may have gotten the body I may have the looks.
    But my personality.. so did not match.
    Hens I could never keep anyone.

Or anyone that was worth keeping..

HIt the gym. For yourself and your own self esteem

Yeah being good looking and having a nice body will build that up trust me.

But don't let it go to your head
    Nothing more yucky than a big headed muscle bound moose

Good luck
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2008, 03:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by High Max View Post
    I have issues with vanity and looks, and I feel like a hollow shell who can only thrive based on the validation of attractive women. Pretty interesting, I know. I don't know whats wrong with me but I certainly wish that I didn't need other peoples validation to make me happy.
    If you have issues with vanity and looks could it be that you're coming across as being full of yourself? That would be a huge turnoff for me. If you want to go the gym and workout, that's great but it kind of sounds like you're doing it for the wrong reasons. And how are you getting validation from people? Do you go up and ask them if they think you're good looking? I guess that part confuses me.

Nov 13, 2008, 08:00 AM

I only feel good if a cute girl tells me that I'm handsome, pretty much.
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2008, 08:08 AM

Well, that is the wrong way to think about things. Look at it this way. I don't know how many times I told my ex, "You look beautiful." Well, it didn't do any good unless she actually thought she did. You need to realize that ONLY you can validate yourself. That is the only thing that matters. Beauty is only skin deep... believe that!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 13, 2008, 09:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by High Max View Post
    I only feel good if a cute girl tells me that im handsome, pretty much.
    You'll never attract the babes with that attitude. Google confidence and self esteem, and follow the links.

Women are good at smelling needy on a guy, whether he is cute, with muscles, or a string bean, and its niether attractive, or healthy, to need validation from someone else.

Females want real men, or close, if they themselves are healthy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Stomach muscles [ 2 Answers ]

Is there any exercise that will help strengthen your tummy muscles?

Repairing muscles [ 8 Answers ]

How would I be able to stop my lef calf muscle from hurting constantly, I've either pulled it, bruised it or damaged it the pain is originating from about 3 inches under the knee cap, down the left side of my left leg

Muscles problems [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I have a little(hope) problem. Sometimes it's for a short time but sometimes it's taking longer time to get away of this pain. My muscle mostly on my feet it's blocking and I have a horrible pain and cannot move. What can cause this problems?

Arm Muscles [ 5 Answers ]

This might sound stupid, but I need to strengthen my arm muscles.why?because I am tall and if I do make cheerleading I need them for spotting on stunts, plus for gymnastics. Any ways to strengthen besides lifting WEIGHTS and PUSHUPs would be great! :)

How to exercise my PC muscles ? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 28 years male married for 6 years... I want to exercise my PC muscles but the problem I can not separate my PC muscles from my anus I tried Kegel but he same problem when I squeeze my PC I squeeze my anus... Are there any other exercises that I can use for this subject maybe in gym or in...

View more questions Search