Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    timekeeper17 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2006, 10:01 AM
    Lawn chief 12/39
    I bought a lawn chief 12/39 used.The problem I am having is it starts very hard and I usually have to jump start it.When I do get it started.I can drive around all day without problems and it can also sit idle with the mower running but when both are engaged it stalls.It has a 12hp briggs engine in it.

Thanks,
    Karl
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2006, 02:06 PM
    First make sure all your connections are good, make sure the battery connections are not corroded and are tight... battery new? Replace it if its 2 years or so old... that's about they're lifespan.

So when you engage either one, at the same time it cuts out? Does it choke out or shut right off? Briggs I/C?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lawn Chief riding mower [ 6 Answers ]

Two wires got disconnected from our riding lawnmower. I need to know where the 2 red wires are supposed to go. The longer red wire is hooked to the key or kill switch and the shorter red wire is hooked to the solenoid. I think the shorter wire is for ground. The mfg. # is 0048 and the model # is...

6.5 hp lawn boy [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 6.5 hp lawn boy that just stopped igniting spark. I used it last week with no troubles and now I have no spark. I have checked the "kill" switch circuit, and it is working properly, what next?

Lawn Chief 11hp B & S [ 2 Answers ]

Hey I got a Lawn Chief Brigg and stration 11hp And the lights don't have any wire connecting to them so they don't work. Any idea where the wires come from so they will work? Thanks for your help.

Lawn Chief not running [ 5 Answers ]

:( I found out the mower is a Lawn Chief. But it will not run for very long. The carburator has new parts, the transmission is fine, but when it is started it will quit as soon as it is put in the run or idle position. Think it may be the motor, but any ideas on what part?

View more questions Search