Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    boriquapeach Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2008, 08:31 PM
    My Dogs & Homeowners Insurance
    Hello. I live in the Georgia Area, and my Insurance company just cancelled our insurance because we have Pit Bulls. We just purchased this house last month, and had no idea what to ask for from insurance. My dogs are very loving, and sweet... My children have been close to them for years... I honestly don't want to give them away... So does anyone know of any Homeowners Insurance that will cover them?? Please help. THank you.
    mydogquestion Posts: 232, Reputation: 21

Nov 12, 2008, 10:07 AM

I would check with other insurance companies. I know some require some certification from a liscened dog trainer or vet. You could ask you vet if he knows the steps to getting some type of documentation of the temprament of your dogs.
    I have German Shephard . I only had to show my agent that he was up to date on vaccinations.
    rednoseown0304 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2008, 10:26 AM

I go through american intergrity,I live in Florida,I can give you my agents email address you can email her to see if they cover Georgia I have a couple of rednose pits
    [email protected]
    boriquapeach Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2008, 03:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rednoseown0304 View Post
    I go thru american intergrity,I live in florida,I can give you my agents email address you can email her to see if they cover georgia I have a couple of rednose pits
    [email protected]

Please. I really need someone who will cover them . Thank you so much...
    linnealand Posts: 1,088, Reputation: 216
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2008, 03:36 PM

I don't see why you would need to give away your dogs in the first place. I'm sure many pit owners have homes AND insurance. If the woman from the email address can't cover you in Georgia, ask her for recommendations within the industry.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Homeowners association leins [ 1 Answers ]

I live in a private neighborhood with protective covenants. We do not have a registered homeowners associaction but have all met several times and agreed to pay into a no interest earning checking account in the subdivion's name for maintenace and repair. $40 per month per household was the amount...

Homeowners association fee [ 2 Answers ]

We bought a house in this subdivision that was going up. We were verbally told by the seller that a home owenrs association would be in place once all the homes were built and that the first year association fee would be mandatory but after that it was optional to be part or not of this...

Homeowners insurance & uninsured contractors Accidents [ 13 Answers ]

If a uninsured roofer is doing a job on a home and they do not clean up after job isdone leaving all lose shingles on roof, and a person walks past home gets hit with debris and gets severely injured and sues the homeowner and contractor who is liable?

Will my homeowners insurance still pay our losses from our house fire if we foreclose [ 3 Answers ]

We had a garage fire in December and our house has not been rebuilt yet. Our Public Adjuster is working with our Insurance provider and they haven't come to an amount agreement. In the meantime my husband and I are broke and we can't afford our house payments anymore. At the time of purchase we...

Homeowners/ Dog Bite [ 3 Answers ]

My husband is helping out his grandfathers pool business and while at a customers house about a month ago he was viciously bit by the customers dog. (The dog was let outside WHILE they were there) The bite was pretty deep and big (on left outside of calf) we took him to urgent care and they...

View more questions Search