Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shellyd1961 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2008, 06:33 PM
    Fund raising for family member with cancer
    Our son who is going to school in California for his Doctorate in Economics has recently been diagnosed with cancer and also a brain tumor. He is only 26 years old. He has a $4000.00 deductible and then it only pays for 80% of his treatment. His medical bill are outrageous. He cannot not get financial help from the American Cancer society. We would like to do a fund raiser for him in our community but do not know if there are any rules or laws that we need to follow. Is there anything we need to be aware of before we door a fund raiser for him?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 11, 2008, 06:54 PM

Get one of the non profit groups or church to sponsor it to allow gifts to be tax deductable\

But you can go and beg and ask for money without it being. Different cities have rules on asking for money.

Have you not tried to work out a deal with the hospital and doctors to accept insurance and write off the other parts

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I build a fund-raising website? [ 4 Answers ]

I have this great idea that I would love to turn into a website. I need a website that everyone can access easily. I want people to have the ability to post pictures, and for there to be links that categorize them, for example the Red link would lead you to red pictures and blue link to blue...

How long does it normally take for a family member to adopt another family member [ 6 Answers ]

:confused: I am in the process of adopting my nephew. I have had him since he was born and started the adoption in 05 I did home study, background check, etc in first year. Two years later I got transfer of custody. It is now going on the third year and the adoption is still not final. How long...

Eviction of a family member from a single family home [ 2 Answers ]

My brother who is about 37 years old lives with my father, sister and myself; my brother is an alcoholic and a drug addict and is verbally abusive to my father who is 71 years old and is also disabled. My father wants him to move out of the house; is there a specific amount of time, by law, that...

501-c-7 fund raising [ 0 Answers ]

My social organization is a 501-c-7 tax exempt. We are going to hold a fund raiser and donate all the profit. Do we need any special permits?

View more questions Search