Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    traka Posts: 50, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2006, 04:41 AM
    Career change and start
    OK,
    I have to learn all the in's and outs about a specific Server.
    That Server is from here:
    http://firebird.sourceforge.net/

The goal is to obtain information from here as described in the developer guide.
    http://nettab.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/n...?p_faqid=258#3

And from here: but the above link is the most urgent.
    http://www.subscriptiondata.com/

The reason:
    I need to teach myself how to write Scripts from the Script Editor
    From here.
    http://www.sqlmanager.net/products/i...creenshots/305

A firebird Server is already running and I need to learn how to script that server, but the programmer has abandoned his work due to circumstances beyond our control.

I am not asking anyone to do the scripting for me, I just need to be taught and I am not sure where to start.
    The New Server/Database will be to contain the information from the Results section of the Web Page as shown above first.
    This is the very first requirement and nothing much more for the interim.
    The next stage is for the Server to actaivate other applications that will plug-in to the server, or at best activate Excel macros.

Once I can fill the database of the new server, then I can learn to script that new server THEN script the one running on my PC at present.

This was the concept, to have a Server/Database serviced by the programmer and the programmer was to supply lessons so we could script the same information, but each to have their own scripts.
    This never eventuated, so I have a Firbird server all working and functioning, but no way of developing any future potential that could have been.

Idealy, it would be great to just jump straight to scripting using the Server's Script Editor, but I think it's best to make my own and re-create what is already here, it would be a good reference point to compare as development goes on.

So far;
    I have downloaded the Server and I have 30 days trial of the software package to start something. I need to know if this is the correct way before I pay more money.
    I have never done this before ( program a server).

I have been to many other places before I came here to ask for directions or The best option is to form an Open Source project to develop this server with those expirienced to show me and my pals the way.

Questions and suggestions are welcome.
    traka Posts: 50, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2006, 05:02 PM
    Bump

Hello??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need a change... [ 6 Answers ]

I am feeling so fed up lately, don't feel like I am living at all - only existing. I know the path I am currently following is all wrong. It was a good escape from my last job; but now I can see that I need to change course and venture down a new path. There are opportunities waiting fro me, but...

Name Change? First Name [ 1 Answers ]

I wanted to change my first name. I can't find anything in Tennessee law about changing your first name. It is stated as name. I assume it is the same as both. I really don't want to change my name but the spelling of my first name. As I said I live in Tennessee. Can anyone point me in the right...

Out of Country (during H1B) and Change from F1 to OPT to H1B [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, First of all a great service and a great site with loads of useful information. Here is my scenario: Dec 2003 to May 2005 - F1 Status June 2005 to Sept 2005 - OPT (F1) Status Oct 1, 2005 to Dec 2005 - H1B status My company sent me to its branch in INDIA office for a special project...

Dso change [ 8 Answers ]

Hi :) I have read on here in several places to change the 1004 to 3 but this makes dso not able to find it, it does not get rid of the dso. So why bother changing it at all if it still leaves it on the computer. You can go into your spybot and just put it in the ignore list if you don't...

View more questions Search