Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    janaial Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2008, 04:06 PM
    Terminated for insubordination
    I have been terminated from my job. Reason given, insubordination! I have never been written up for any reason and has only missed 2 days of work. After reviewing the work schedule for the rest of November, I noticed that I was scheduled to work on a day where I was scheduled to work at my other job. I called the Director of Nurses to make her aware that I could not work. She started screaming at me. I made her aware that there was no reason for her to scream and I let her know that there was someone else in the office and they could hear her screaming. She then asked me to come and discuss it in her office.

When getting to her office, I knocked on the door and went in. She asked me to close the door. I closed it. She sat in her chair and asked me to have a seat. I refused. She proceeded to tell me to go if I wouldn't sit. I said, "Well fine, and then I went back to my hall and waited for the next nurse to come so I could give report to go home.

The next day, another nurse was there to take my place and I was told I needed to speak with the Director of Nurses. Bottom line is, She reported that I pointed in her face and told her some things that were not true. With that said, I was fired for insubordination.

What can I do?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2008, 04:35 PM
    Hello j:

Unless you're a union member or you have an employment contract, there's nothing you can do. You're what's legally called an "at will" employee. That means they can fire you for any reason whatsoever or no reason at all.

excon
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 11, 2008, 04:52 PM
    As a nurse myself, I have to totally agree with excon.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 11, 2008, 06:12 PM

Yes, first I am sorry but sure there is more to this,
    But there is nothing you do except go look for another job.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Terminated from job [ 3 Answers ]

I believe that I was targeted at my job to be fired because I was not liked. How do I go about proving that I was targeted that lead to me being fired?

What does it mean when your loan is Terminated? [ 1 Answers ]

What does it mean when your Credit Union tells you that your loan is Terminated?

Accused of insubordination [ 10 Answers ]

My supervisor accused me of insubordination because I shut a door to loudly after she put her finger to her mouth indicating that I was speaking to loudly. During this repremand she said to me "Whether you like it or not I am your supervisor". I have never once indicated or spoken words to...

Terminated while on Disability [ 3 Answers ]

I have an off-the-job knee injury that occurred 10/07. I have been on State disability and I have a short-term disability policy that has been paying me also. I had my 1st surgery in Dec and a 2nd in Feb, Meniscus surgery then ACL surgery respectively. I had a follow up appt. with the surgeon on...

View more questions Search