Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jj415 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2008, 03:48 PM
    Two homes, one going to foreclosure
    I have two properties. My primary household is in San Francisco, and that is where I am living, and the second property where my daughter is currently staying which is going to go to Foreclosure soon. With the house that's going to go to Foreclosure has two separate loans which originally was on the house when I purchased it back in 2006. I want to know if my primary household will be affected by this? Will the two mortgage companies come after my savings, stocks, 401K, etc.

Should I get advice from a Real Estate Attorney, or should I not be worried?

I am willing to let go of the house that's in foreclosure? I just want it off my shoulders.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 11, 2008, 06:29 PM

I would get the attoreny, you will most likely owe money after they sell and not cover the loans.
    lauren6318 Posts: 36, Reputation: -3

Nov 12, 2008, 10:28 AM

If your name is on the mortgage for the 2nd home, you are responsible for the loan - at the time of purchase, you probably also signed a personal guarantee. So if the home is foreclosed on and the bank sells it you are still responsible for the balance left on the loan.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Old homes and really old homes. [ 7 Answers ]

Why do so many people who live in less than new homes, which are over 50 or even just over 100 years old, think that their houses are going to be haunted? I live in a home that is over 700 years old. It even has huge frescoes that are 400 years old with the faces of a former owner and their...

Death in homes [ 12 Answers ]

Is there a way to find out if someone has died in my home, I rent so our renters agency will not answer.

Nursing Homes [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone tell please tell me a site I can go to or if you know what is then Standards of cleaning a Nursing Home pertaining to number of employees to the ratio of square foot or residents rooms of any given facility. This would be a great help. :)

Changing homes [ 1 Answers ]

I have had custody of my older boys 20 and 17 almost 18 for all there lives. WE have joint custody, but I have physical custody. My 17 year old who will be a senior this fall and will be 18 in October is going to live with his dad at the end of June. I am totally okay with this. His dad thinks...

Looking into purchasing foreclosure homes in Arkansas [ 4 Answers ]

I'm really wanting to get some information about purchasing foreclosure homes in Arkansas, but the only thing I'm getting on the web is those pay for information web sites.. my credit is OK, but because I was married to someone who filed for bankruptcy while we were married it is also reflecting on...

View more questions Search