Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    karmaxoxo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2008, 03:34 PM
    What do I do If I signed away my rights and now I want her?
    I signed my baby over to an adoption agency yesterday. Today I realized it was a mistake. The agency said it's too late, the baby belongs to them. Is there anything I can do?
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2008, 03:56 PM

I don't know that there is anything that you can do but talk to a Family Law attorney and do it quickly because if there is anything you can do the statue of limitations will be limited.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Nov 11, 2008, 04:16 PM

That depends on a LOT of things.

You need to contact an attorney ASAP. Like NOW. Tonight.

If you asserted in court that you knew what you were doing, you were not being coerced, you were doing this voluntarily---then your odds are VERY low.

However---this is going to depend on your state. Some states have a provision of a certain time to change your mind. Many states, however, do not.

You really REALLY need an attorney, and you need to get one FAST.
    div2wice Posts: 103, Reputation: 1
    -

Nov 11, 2008, 08:29 PM

I have to agree... usually, from my knowledge, there is always a time to change your mind. Even after the adoption papers are signed, you still have a certain amount of time to change your mind, depending on the state laws.
    As the others said, you need to contact a lawyer immediately, something doesn't sound right when an agency does not allow you to change your mind...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Husband signed off rights 11 years ago for adoption. [ 6 Answers ]

My husband and I are in a legal mess. He signed off rights to his son eleven years ago so that the step father could adopt. Now in December 07 he received a summons to court for child support. Apparently the adoption never went through, she got divorced and now wants support. He is already paying...

I have a 15 month old and dad hasn't seen her, I want parental rights signed over,how [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 15 month old baby girl, and her biolgical father hasn't seen her ever, he lives in another state, and just started paying child support to the state, and I don't see a dime of it, due to me being on state assistance at the moment, soon to be changing. I have full legal custody of her, and...

How to go about getting rights signed over [ 3 Answers ]

I have been with a girl who has a 2 year old son and I want rights of him. His bio father does nothing for him or even attemps to see him. Its hurts me knowing that someone else made him but I'm the one there fathering him. I've been with this girl for a about 2 years and we are engaged to be...

Fatherly rights if another man signed the cert? [ 2 Answers ]

Hey all, I recently found out that the woman that I am dating, and was engaged to, is interested in moving from OH to AL to have a Veteran raise our child with her because he was injured and can't have his own children, and to have me out of the child's life. I have a few questions. Firstly,...

Renter Rights in Missouri without a signed lease [ 1 Answers ]

I found an apartment to rent on Craigs List on the internet. All of the conversations were verbal and there was no signed rental agreement. The landlord refused to make the property habital... no kitchen, no key to the apartment, no private entrance. I refused to pay rent until we spoke in...

View more questions Search