Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1940susan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2003, 09:51 AM
    Plants
    What is a good plant to plant in the south west corner of a home under a window
    mshathaway Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2009, 06:25 PM

Hi Susan. I have hostas planted there at my house, and they are doing great!
    KUXJ Posts: 975, Reputation: 97

Aug 6, 2009, 08:23 PM
    Even though this question is over six years old, it is still a thought that many of us have had at one time or another.

What do I plant on the Sunny side of my House?
    And as my esteemed fellow member mshathaway has pointed out Hostas offer a wide selection to choose from.

For our members who have a negative sign in their Latitude, this would apply to the North West corner of their House and Property.

The main consideration would be to use Drought tolerant/resistant plants.
    Depending on how forested the property is, to use plantings that could stand to be in direct Sun for upwards of eight hours a day.
    Don't forget the plants that are close to the foundation wall. There will be a lot of heat radiating off those walls.

To offer a simple scenario, we'll start tall, but not too tall near the wall, and work shorter as we near the Lawn...

To look something like this:

In mixing in Ornamental grasses be careful you understand at what height they will mature at.

Hopefully the different sized pix won't ruin your perspective, and you can still have an idea of how it is supposed to look.

Tick that monarch's for you.

K

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to start dal mill plant tell me about process and plant and capital requir [ 2 Answers ]

Res sir I want to start dal mill plant. Tell me about plant, process and required capital. Bhuvenesh kabra, pali marwar rajasthan

How many sun spots are on sun today? [ 2 Answers ]

Today's number of sun spots?

View more questions Search