Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bichonf24 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2006, 09:54 PM
    Fan won't stop
    The compressor on the a/c turns off but the fan continues to run. Tonight when I turned off the a/c at the t-stat, the fan and compressor came back on even though the unit was turned off. What is my problem? The unit is about 24 years old and the t-stat was replaced a few months ago.
    shunned Posts: 268, Reputation: 20

Jun 19, 2006, 05:02 PM
    When you say "the fan continues to run" do you mean the condenser fan?
    Is the thermostat that was replaced the same as the older one? Has this just started to happen, or is this the 1st run of the unit that you've notice it?
    bichonf24 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2006, 07:31 PM
    The condenser fan runs.
    The unit has been doing this for some time, before the new thermostat was put in. It is a different thermostat than the original that was 24 years old.
    The turning on after the thermostat is turned off happened for the first time recently.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't stop thinking about my ex [ 20 Answers ]

I'd been going out with my girl for 2months, then one day she just turned around and said that she ' couldn't be bothered'. This was about 2 weeks ago. I tried my hardest, and did nothing wrong to her. This was my first serious relationship. Ever since we split, all I can think about is her, and it...

How can I stop being miserable? [ 11 Answers ]

A couple months ago I tried to commit suicide by cutting my wrist... :( Now I get so upset so easily, and I cry a lot.What if I try to hurt myself again. I'm only 13. :( I used to go to counseling but now I can't make any appointments because my therapist can't take my insurance.I don't want to be...

Help! Sub won't stop hitting... [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to install my sub and it won't stop vibrating. I had it hooked up while testing it, and everything was fine. Now if I turn on the headunit, the sub just rapid fires as hard as it can (it's shaking my whole house, and my mom's trying to sleep... ) I tried tracing the wiring, but alas,...

Blower does not stop? [ 4 Answers ]

I went on vacation for 10 days. Before I left, I turned off my unit from the termostat, letf the unit on OFF and fan on Automatic. Also turned off the pilot on my gas water heater. When I got back, the blower which is part of the furnace was running! who knows for how long. The house was at 90...

One Stop Supplier [ 1 Answers ]

I hope someone can help me. I'm planning to start an online store buying, selling, and trading video games, DVDs, and computer games. Do anyone know of just one supplier that may deal with all of the abovementioned items? I'm not looking for closeout items, but mainstream new releases that you...

View more questions Search