Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mommyoftwins200 Posts: 62, Reputation: 2

Nov 11, 2008, 09:38 AM
    Does online schooling really work?
    I am a single mom of 9 month old twins and work full time so basically I have no time for school. I am only 22 and would love to go back to school, I could really do online schooling but I am not sure if I trust it. I mean will I actually be able to get a job afterwards without any problems? I am either looking into Pharmacy Technician, or Early Childhood Education. What is a good and accredited online university?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2008, 12:59 PM

You can check out several universitites that you might be interested in, both private and state universities. Many these days will have degree programs that can be taken completely online. You would get the same degree as someone who attended classes on campus.
    snooprobbierob Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2008, 01:38 PM

First, online schooling will only work if you are dedicated enough to do all the work on your own. Secondly, there are many reputable schools that offer "distance learning". More and more colleges are going toward this format as it will increase the ability to reach out to students as well as increase finances (colleges have to make money too). Third, when you get your degree it won't say "Online" degree, it will say BA, BS or whatever it was that you majored in from the institution that you attended. Lastly, I was asked if the college I am going to was online, I said yes then I followed it up with "most business is done on-line or over the phone..working toward my degree on-line just reinforces that I can work on my own and maintain a steady pace, how can that be a bad thing?" That shut him up really fast.

-Snoop
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2008, 02:39 PM

Yes it can work and it's great for busy mom's. My daughter is in 1st grade... and although I am a stay-at-home-mom, between cleaning, grocery shopping, getting my daughter to and from school, and volunteering at her school... that hardly leaves me with time to sit in a classroom.

I take online course through Franklin University. While the main campus is located in Columbus, Ohio... there are people in my classes from all over... and actually quite a few soldiers from Iraq!

You have to be dedicated and able to work on your own. Most people assume online courses are easy... they are far from it. You have to put in the time and effort and do without the classroom environment.

But I love it :)
    lrwilkins Posts: 48, Reputation: 2

Nov 18, 2008, 06:56 PM

You can register for school at a local college and take some of their online courses. I am currently going to school full-time. I take two class on campus and three online. All the same school district. The online courses are just like the classroom only you can learn at your own pace and at your own schedule.

There are other online schools out there if you do not want to go to your local college. Just be careful not to get scammed and don't think that everything online is a scam. I found a website on accredited online schools and programs. Why don't you give it a look. You may be able to find a school that is perfect for you. The website address is: Fully Accredited Online Degrees from Distance Learning Colleges.

Good luck on finding a school and congrats on the twins. I hope you have help with them.

LaCresha
    samorin Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2008, 03:48 PM

Online classes worked great for me. I was able to receive my Associates Degree in Business Management in less than 2 years with allowable credits from work and life experience. You do have to be self disciplined. Go for it! I'm thinking about going back for my Bachelors Degree. I found an accredited school by the name of AIU (American Intercontinental University). It was really cool to learn with others all of the United States.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 13, 2009, 05:17 AM

Closed old thread

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Homeschooling or online schooling [ 7 Answers ]

Well right now I'm suppose to be in school but I just don't think school is for me well I'm trying too find out how I can get into homeschooling or schooling online I'm only 15 I will be 16 in January

My landline phone doesn't work when online [ 33 Answers ]

Is there something free that I can download that will tell me the calls I'm missing on my landline when online.

How to go about online schooling? [ 8 Answers ]

:) Okay. I previously just introduced myself. I'm new. I have some questions concerning online schooling. First off - I'm 17 and I'm a senior in a public high school. I'm going to be a super senior. High school just isn't working out for me. Not that I'm un capable... but I can't seem to keep up...

Sold item Online and now it doesn't work [ 6 Answers ]

My husband received 2 central air units from work - (we were under the impression they were both new - we sold one for 1200 and the other for 1100 through Kijiji as they were too big for our house. I Provided 2nd buyer with receipt for amount paid. Receipt only said Central Air Unit - no...

View more questions Search