Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dude008 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2008, 05:28 PM
    Do stations affect your emotions?
    Okay so winter is coming and every time it does I have the same situation with winter. What happens is that every time winter approaches I just don't feel like I feel on spring or summer time which is happy and so alive.Im 19 yrs old,I'm a boy, and I'm into sports, I'm a sports addict, I play soccer, and I'm currently playing for college and also in a team but when the winter comes this thing comes to me. I become kind of lazy, I don't feel active like I do during spring and summer, I'm a very active person but when winter comes this thing just hits on me and its hard for me to keep up the same level as of playing and also being who I really I'm. I don't know if this has to do with depression or not, I don't think is depression because if it was than I would be having bad grades and quit playing soccer and all that.. or I don't know.. maybe I'm wrong
    In general what I mean is that when winter comes I totally change to a whole different person, I change from being an active person who do sports everyday to the opposite of that
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 10, 2008, 05:39 PM

You feel lazier coming into the winter months, because you want to hibernate. Seriously. Our bodies never forgot that that is what we almost did every winter. We were hunter/gatherers and did the heavy work before we knew we had to stay in the cave for most of the colder months. All the babies were born in the spring time after cocooning all winter.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 10, 2008, 05:43 PM

Hi, Dude008!

Another possibility is Seasonal Affective Disorder. I have it as well as many other people. You can read about it on many sites by clicking on the following link. Seasonal Affective Disorder - Google Search

Thanks!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 10, 2008, 05:45 PM

Boy, I don't know, Clough, I was sort of looking on the brighter side. Do you really think he means SAD ? I didn't read it that way.
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 10, 2008, 05:45 PM

There are many reports of something called the winter blues. It's got to do with the lack of sunlight you get in the wintertime. You could also be anticipating this, and set yourself up. Try and Goggle "winter blues". It's not uncommon among some people. It does have to do with the amount of sunlight. When you are used to a certain amount, your body kind of goes into withdrawals.

You might want to get a sunlamp or something similar so you still get the energy you get from the sun. :)
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Nov 10, 2008, 06:19 PM

Light therapy is an up and coming treatment for the seasonal affective disorder(SAD)

Even the use of full spectrum fluorescent lights has been helpful.

At our local bank I changes the (obviously)bad lights,and replaced the others as time went by,with full spectrum lights, the banker and the workers all have had a positive response to it,(I even got a better rate on my loans after that... LOL:) )
    Dude008 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2008, 06:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, Dude008!

Another possibility is Seasonal Affective Disorder. I have it as well as many other people. You can read about it on many sites by clicking on the following link. Seasonal Affective Disorder - Google Search

Thanks!
    yea I can say I'm related to that, thanks very much, thank you all for your information! =)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Murphy's gas stations [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know where Murphy's gas stations(usually at Walmart) buys their gas to resell to the public. Is it bought from a USA oil company or imported from an oversea oil company?

Tv Antenna for local stations [ 13 Answers ]

I am needing to know the best and cheapest antenna to buy for local TV stations. I do not like rabbit ears and can not afford cable or dish. Please help me out. Thanks :rolleyes:

Are house lift stations reliable? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I'm a newbie and am hoping someone can point me in the right direction. My family is looking at buying a house that has a bathroom in the basement. It consists of a shower, sink and toilet. From what I am told it has a lift station in order to get the used water and sewage up...

Comcast Tv Stations [ 1 Answers ]

We bought a new TV about the same time Comcast offered the digital network, Our TV has HDTV built into it so like channel 4 has two stations one is 4 and the other is 4.1 Does anyone else get this and is there a channel guide? We now have over a 100 stations with no box.

View more questions Search