Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Absolute Posts: 50, Reputation: 5

Nov 10, 2008, 02:31 PM
    Boyfriend with kid. Parents disaprove. ARGH!
    I'm dating a guy whom I won't specify but he's really nice and sweet. Everything good right? One day I remembered him from when I was younger. He was the guy that got a girl in my school pregnant. Don't get the wrong idea though, he took all the proper percautions; got tested, put her on the pill. Everything. She forgot to take the pill. Now, I know I know, you guys are probably gasping a bit right now; it gets worse.

She took off with their child to heaven knows where. (They broke up). She posts everyday on the internet about how this new guy she has treats the baby like his own. And it hurts my boyfriend. He really wanted to do the right thing, maybe not be with the mother but he wanted to be there and help raise the child. She took that from him.

Everyday I wonder how he does it. He assured me that if she came back he wouldn't go back to her but just ask that he be a part of his child's life. I believe him of course. But my parents found out. And they disapproved. Not just a little bit... A lot. They also found out that he does pot. Me and him had already talked about it and he's only going to do it on weekends but if I see him that day he's not alowd to do it the day he sees me. Or after. I hope you understand my predicament. Please don't be really judgemental, I just need some help. My parents don't me speaking OF him, they don't want me talking to him on the phone. They don't want any of that. I already explained that I want him over for dinner sometime. My brother likes him and my brother NEVER likes guys that I bring home, he talked with Greg about dating me and all that important stuff, and I respected my brothers privacy and didn't ask about it. My mother liked him upon contact with him. My dad was iffy, but that's normal.

Now they're saying what a bad guy he is. My brother still thinks he's awesome, and he think it's funny that he has a kid. Well... what do you guys think? Do you think you can help me with my little "problem"?
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Nov 10, 2008, 03:03 PM

How old are you? How old is your boyfriend? Why did you have to remember that you thought he got a girl pregnant and he never mentioned it of his own accord? Your parents are concerned for you and although you don't see their side of this they just want what is best for you.
    Absolute Posts: 50, Reputation: 5

Nov 12, 2008, 03:52 PM

I am fifteen and he is seventeen but I don't think it's as bad as it sounds. He's willing to be a good dad, and I support him, I'm not going to be a 'mom' to the child, I'd be like an unevil step mom type thing. Not even that. I just want my parents to understand me as well. They say I'm not seeing it from their perspective but I am. I wunderstand why they'd we concerned but I don't understand why they'd be so ANGRY. Anger isn't going to solve the problem and simply denying it isn't either.

I'm trying to work both sides but it's not working. For my parents, me, my boyfriend. He really likes my family, and enjoyed having dinner at my house. The whole time he was over, we studied for an upcoming test of mine. Nothing bad happened. But my parents seem to be very angry about all of it, I disagree with there way of dealing with it.

I don't want to control their way of dealing with it, I just wish that everyone would just be more mature about it.

-Absolute
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2008, 04:02 PM

You would be a "mom" this isn't your typically dating relationship. He has additional responsibilities that he has only touched the surface of handling. I can guarantee your parents will always be there and they have your best wishes at heart. Not being judgemental but you aren't understanding the weight of this decision especially if you can say I'm not going to be a 'mom' to the child, I'd be like an unevil step mom type thing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Parents vs. Emancipation vs. Boyfriend [ 23 Answers ]

Okay, So I'm not going to tell my whole life story, but I am 15 about to be 16 in two months. Anyway, so I have always had I guess you could call them suicide thoughts, but the only thing that makes them really go away is my boyfriend. Thing about that is my parents are tripping hard about...

Boyfriend afraid of my parents. [ 6 Answers ]

Well I know this guy for 6 months now... & I fall in love with him... however he never proposed to me but confess that he likes me... but I don't know why he is afraid of my parents without any certain reason... every time I tell him that my parents are not that conservative or strict... but he...

Boyfriend meeting the parents [ 2 Answers ]

Here is my situation, I am from haitian background and my boyfriend is italian. We have been dating for 8 months now. I come from a family with old values and mentality. My family is putting pressure on me, they want to meet my boyfriend. This situation wouldn't be if I wasn't living at home (...

My boyfriend has crackhead parents [ 1 Answers ]

Ok well I've been with my boyfriend for over 2 years and his parents are crackheads. Seriously. His dad hits his mom and smokes crack around him and his little brother and cheats on his mom. His mom stays with his dad even though the dad does this crap. The dad is the only one that works and spends...

My Sisters lies to my parents to meet the boyfriend [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have been very worried about my sister. Seems like all she thinks about is the boyfriend and doesn't even talk to my mom or dad about anything. My dad tried to talk to her about school but she just tells them to go away. Seems like all she cares is about the boyfriend. One time she lied...

View more questions Search