Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rashpinder Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2008, 10:12 AM
    j-1 to canada work permit
    Hi,

I have j-1 visa I am still in USA can I apply for canada work permit... its legal. or I have to complete my internship in the USA
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Nov 10, 2008, 11:02 AM

Depends on your contract. If you are on J-1 that is subject to 2 yrs rule, you need to get a waiver first. If you're unable to obtain J-1 waiver, you are not eligible to either extend your stay in US or apply for new visa in Canada.
    Rashpinder Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2008, 11:14 AM
    Yes I have 2 year rules apply on my j-1 visa... if sombody sponsor me from canada work permit than I can apply for this,and if I get marry with canadian girl.who have citizenship of canada..?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting a Work Permit while visiting Canada [ 23 Answers ]

If I enter Canada as a visitor and decide I want to stay and work, can I apply for a work permit while I'm in Canada, or do I have to return to the US and apply for the Work permit from the US. The same question goes for my boyfriend he would be entering Canada as a visitor from Mexico. I just...

Work permit [ 2 Answers ]

My husband in uk now he havwing work permit visa .his company sponsor accommodation And others fees related to house can I apply for dependent visa , I have one daughter. She is now 4years 8 months old. Can I get the visa. Husband visa validity up to 2012.

Work permit to enter canada from united states [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am a truck driver, but I can't enter canada because I have a felony, however, I have learned that I can obtain a minister permit to enter canada to allow me to work, how do I go about obtaining such a permit Kindly yours, ...

View more questions Search