Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ILOVEJH Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2008, 01:00 AM
    I love him but he doesn't love me
    There is a boy that I went out with ages ago and I have loved him ever since we broke up. I am miserable.I think about him every night and I want him to love me back. We are good friends but I want more. What do I do?
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Nov 10, 2008, 07:59 AM

Quit being friends with him, as it is killing your emotional well being. You cannot make him love you. You need to get him out of your life for awhile and get your feelings under control. You will NEVER get over him if you remain friends with him. All you are doing is prolonging the pain and anguish for yourself, stunting your growth and future.

At that, have you told him how you feel? If he shows no romantic interest in you I think you need to back off. Quit hurting yourself.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 10, 2008, 12:31 PM

You keep trying to restart a dead fire, and have never gotten over him, so forget the friends stuff, until you do.

He may not understand, but you will be miserable, hoping for something he doesn't give you.
    Eli2231 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2008, 12:59 PM

I'm not one to give advice for I just received some on my issue but I will tell you this... If you feel this way about him you can't honestly be friends with him. You'll always want something more, you'll always have ulterior motives and when he meets another girl it's going to tear you up inside. Back off for a while and try to get over him.
    MiSSsy111222 Posts: 267, Reputation: 29

Jan 5, 2009, 02:46 PM

I think its for the best if you cut contact with him, talking to him only makes you want him... its for the best. Good luck x
    expat2009 Posts: 157, Reputation: 51

Jan 5, 2009, 03:32 PM

What the other guys say above is true.

By being his friend you are only inflicting more pain on yourself. You need to back away and cut all contact with him. Give yourself a significant amount of time to recover and get over him. If he's this great person you think he is, then maybe one day, you can be real friends again. No feelings attached.
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2009, 03:45 PM

Everyone else said it. You need to walk away from this situation if you're going to get over him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

In love with someone who doesn't love me anymore. [ 8 Answers ]

I started dating my ex in Apirl of last year. We got pregnant within the first three months, and my hormones and emotions starting going crazy. I was treating him like crap, saying things like I didn't want to be with him, I would ruin the evening by thinking he didn't want me there, even though...

Why doesn't she love me like before? [ 4 Answers ]

I try so hard to be a perfect boyfriend but it seems nothing works! She says she wants me but she doesn't show it in her actions... whats wrong wit girls! :confused:

He said that he doesn't love me. [ 5 Answers ]

I have been with my boyfriend for 2 and a half years, resently he told me that he didn't love me any more but he would stay with me and try and work at the relationship if that's what I wanted. He said that he had had that feeling before when we were going through a rough patch but his feelings for...

Why doesn't my ex love me anymore [ 4 Answers ]

Why did my ex lie to me saying that he loved me and I knew he had a gurlfriend and he supossibly he loves her to but the truth he never loved me.

He says he doesn't love me [ 12 Answers ]

This might sound silly but I really don't know what to do, me and my boyfriend have been dating for over a year now. We get on great, everything is going good we have been through a lot together and he is always there for me and treats me like a princess. The only thing is he doesn't love me he has...

View more questions Search