Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ribob1 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2004, 10:13 AM
    Transmission shifting problem
    :-/I have a 93 nissan sentra auto xsmn. Suddenly it won't shift out of the low (first) gear. Otherwise, the xsmn works fine. No strange noises and the fluid is OK. I'm wondering if a sensor would cause this? One mechanic said a xsmn replacement would be necessary! Sounds like overkill to me! Could I possibly troubleshoot be the computer diagnosis? Thanks for the input! :-/
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Apr 12, 2004, 11:54 AM
    Re: Transmission shifting problem
    Has the fluid and filter been changed? With the car being over 10 year old, I am sure it is past the recommended interval. Servicing it now, might or might not correct the problem. Neglect can lead to expensive problems. Even with proper maintenance, things still go bad sometimes. Before I paid for a new transmission, I would check elsewhere.
    ribob1 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2004, 12:02 PM
    Re: Transmission shifting problem
    Thanks for the speedy reply! The nissan sentra has 80k for mileage and the xsmn fluid and filter were changed at 50k. Fluid doesn't smell burnt. Do you know of any sensors or i.e.. A modulator valve that would prevent up-shifting?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

94 firebird transmission shifting trouble [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 94 firebird with the 350lt1 in it I just got it back from having the motor rebuilt there was nothing wrong with the tranny when I took it in but when I got it back it won't hardly shift. If you are going slow it won't shift at all you have to kind of push the gas hard and then it will...

Transmission shifting problems [ 2 Answers ]

?? I have a 1994 chevy s-10 and we just replaced the filter and transmission fluid it will shift 2 times and no more what can it be?? I am so fed up with it please help me

Dodge Spirit Transmission --shifting problem [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I have a 1995 Dodge Spirit. After a hard acceleration, the transmission doesn't shift properly. For example it will only shift into 3rd at about 90 km/h (~60 mph). The shift from 1st to 2nd also occurs at much higher than normal speed. Turning the car off and letting it sit for a...

Transmission not shifting on 1998 firebird [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1998 firebird v-6 460le transmission.It will not shift unless you let up on gas pedaL and there is no reverse BO

View more questions Search