Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cctrn57 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2008, 12:11 PM
    Maytag Washer will not fill,continuously drains
    I have a Maytag Top Load Washer (MAV6057AWW), that when you try to start a load, it will not fill, it continuously drains out the water. If I play with the front selector switch(mini, medim, large , super load) it sometimes will fill like nothing is wrong. Can you help?
    Thanks,
    Stan
    rpg219 Posts: 504, Reputation: 81

Nov 9, 2008, 12:16 PM

Found this info with a quick Google search for you...

Check the drainage hose in the back of the washer. Some part of the hose needs to be above the water line of the washer (about 3 feet) otherwise the washer will drain as fast as it fills up.
    cctrn57 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2008, 12:33 PM

I have the drainage hose about 4 ft above waterline. Do you know where to download a MayTag Service Manual ?
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2008, 01:32 PM

Try manuals-in-PDF.com good luck
    rpg219 Posts: 504, Reputation: 81

Nov 10, 2008, 08:16 AM

You could try to look it up with your model number here...
    Maytag Manuals and Literature Search

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag Washer won't do anything but fill [ 3 Answers ]

Maytag Dependable Care Washer Model#LAT9314AAE. Washer will fill with water, but will not do anything else. We already replaced the timer, and the lid switch seems to be working properly. Any suggestions??

Top loading washer: incoming water drains, won't fill [ 4 Answers ]

I have a top loading washer and the last time I put clothes in to wash, the water started "filling" the tub right away, so I went upstairs to bed. In the morning, the water was still "filling". The timer did not turn it off after the timed cycle. There was some water on the floor, but not over 8...

Maytag Washer: Water fill intermittent [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Maytag washer, model number LAT9400AAW; washer is approx 14 yrs old. My problem is that the water fill is intermittent. Sometimes the water fills appropriately, other times the water stops filling, for both hot and cold water. When the water does stops filling intermittently, I hear a...

View more questions Search