Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Iskander Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2008, 10:22 AM
    Can't send email with attachment
    I am trying to send a 1MB attachment with an email, but I get "Oops....error 008"
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2008, 12:59 PM

What email program are you using?

Do you have the exact error message?

Have you had this problem before or first time trying?
    Iskander Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2008, 10:24 AM

I am using IE 7 and have tried Sky (Gmail?) with no success.
    I cannot quote the exact error message as it no longer appears! The email ends up in Outbox instead.
    I have not had the ptoblem before but I haven't sent an attachment for yonks, and never one of this size. (1MB)
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Nov 10, 2008, 11:06 AM

I don not use gmail, but can't you go to your outbox and then choose send option from there

Have you tried other email - hotmail, email.com

Check your settings/preferences/options in your gmail account and see if any info or settings that can be changed
    The Rev Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2008, 02:12 AM

Check to make sure the Sent Items folder is empty, as well. I saw one the other day where it was so full, nothing would send out, as it could not be added to the Sent Items.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't read email attachment [ 5 Answers ]

I have windows XP . Yahoo email , When I try to open a attachment (.xls ) I can not read it .What do I have to do to unfrag. It ? (Guardian Industries )

Email attachment opening [ 5 Answers ]

My sister has a Win 2000 Pro . It will not allow her to open any e- mail attachments . Anything she can not read she sends it to my mail to read or copy . I have not used her PC so I am in the dark . Could someone please try to give me some incite and I will go and try to help her with this problem...

Cannot send email [ 1 Answers ]

Cannot send email with Windows Live Email--receive error message ox800cccof--your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection". Was working successfully for 6months and now does not work. Any suggestions

How do I send an email with PowerPoint attachment? [ 2 Answers ]

Whenever I try to send a PowerPoint photo album as an attachment to an email it won't send. It just says an error occurred. Not that the file size (22.5mb) was too big. Even when I zip it it won't send.

View more questions Search