Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mike1109 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2008, 09:36 AM
    Model #310-430A Snow thrower
    My snow thrower is not throwing snow.. the auger turns and it runs well.. but it does not throw snow.. is there a part I should be looking at??
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Nov 9, 2008, 12:29 PM

That has got to be an odd problem.

Wet snow doesn't throw very well at all, so keep that in mind. All it does is clog.

Friction, caused by rust in the snow path will have some effect too, but it would have to be really bad.

The auger not moving fast enough would be my best guess. This could be caused by anything slipping like belts, clutch, transmission etc.
    OutdoorDist Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Nov 10, 2008, 11:37 AM

Hi Mike,
    I am not familiar with that model number, but if it is a "two stage" thrower, the auger pushes the snow to the rear, where the impeller fan blows the snow out of the chute. LOOK (do not feel) if the impeller is turning. If it is not, there is probably a separate belt for the drive.

Hope this helps,
    Victor
    Sharpy1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Dec 21, 2010, 09:19 AM
    The snow thrower is a single stage. And not an efficient one. It clogs easy because it has no second stage propeller to push the snow out the shoot. My suggestion , is to increase the motor speed, I do that with mine.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Dec 21, 2010, 05:13 PM

Hi,
    To see the manual, try the link:
    PDF Manual Web Archive
    And use 310430A for the model and just 1 as the serial number.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Snow thrower not throwing snow [ 10 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I need help, I have a murray snow blower, it runs, but snow stuck in chute and won't throw out, changed the belt , no luck, hope someone can help, thanks

Murray snow thrower [ 2 Answers ]

I have an older model Murray small snow thrower/blower. I don't have the manual. I don't know what gas / oil ratio to use. It's a 2-cycle engine (I think). Can anyone please help me? Thanks so much!

Snow thrower not throwing snow?! [ 1 Answers ]

The other day I shear one of the shear pins on my snow thrower tines I had replaced but the tines are not moving at all. (I hit a cement step while clearing the snow of a neighboard's driveway) Could some one let me know where I should start looking at? I don't want to disassemble more than I don't...

View more questions Search