Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    souvik Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2008, 08:23 AM
    Uninstall a antivirus s/w.
    I want to uninstall the antivirus which is presently installed in my computer.but when I am trying to delete or uninstall it it shown that it is write protected or disk is full.also I can't install any other anti virus s/w.
    What can I do?
    Please help me.
    robertva Posts: 249, Reputation: 30

Nov 9, 2008, 07:51 PM

Publisher, title and version number of the anti virus software?

Which operating system (include version and service pack if applicable)?

Are you attempting to remove the anti-virus while logged in on an administrative user account?

How much space is available on your hard drive? If it's a small amount can your system utilize a drive with higher capacity? Do you have installation media to reinstall the operating system on a new drive?
    Whiskey14 Posts: 219, Reputation: 16

Dec 17, 2008, 01:18 PM

As you didn't mention which anti-virus program you are trying to remove, try starting Windows in Safe Mode, then remove the program from there using the Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs.
    jamesbraken Posts: 157, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2009, 03:12 AM

Try to delete all the junk files and temp files (temp, %temp%, prefetch).
    Try to uninstall the software again and follow these steps for norton anti virus as same for any other anti virus.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Avg antivirus [ 3 Answers ]

How can I update my already installed outdated avg antivirus without connecting to internet? I have update files which are downloaded from internet.

Unable to uninstall norton antivirus from add and remove [ 2 Answers ]

Dell XP pro virus infected PC, While installing Norton System Works PC went Blank and asked for a restart but installation didn't take place. Asking for a Fresh installation after uninstalling previous. Unable to uninstall after repeated Try i.e restart etc.

Uninstall preinstall antivirus program [ 3 Answers ]

How do you uninstall a installed virus program installed from the factory? I want to reinstall windows 98 on a used dell for it doesn't have a phone modem program installed. I think if I do this, it might put the phone back in? But it keeps saying to disable virus before it will goes on. Will...

How to uninstall Norton Antivirus 2006 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everybody I need help in this issue please? And it started in my work email when I started receiving attachements zipped files including passwords and I tried to install the Norton Antivirus 2006. It crashed 3x during installation, creating Symantec errors and gives me this error that an old...

Antivirus [ 4 Answers ]

Hi pals I'm confused about selecting the antivirus for my PC ,can u tell me which is the best antivirus and also the best among the free antivirus softwares

View more questions Search