Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    universe Posts: 77, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2008, 06:30 AM
    Placing ads on my website
    I have discovered a company called Linkshare. They have a list of companies to place ads on peoples websites. Should I place these ads on my website? Has anyone done this? Is it profitable at all?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 9, 2008, 06:46 AM

Well how many thousand people a day go to your web site ?
    You will be paid by the number of people who click on your adds.
    So since only a small percent of people that visit a site click on a link, if you have lets say 3000 people go today, maybe 10 will click on a ad.

So as long as you have a web site with a lot of traffic there are many options.
    ckrismusic Posts: 8, Reputation: -1

Mar 7, 2009, 10:17 PM

I use Google adsense they pay per click, and I use Commission Junction - A Global Leader in Affiliate Marketing, Online Advertising and Search Engine Marketing They pay good per lead and or purchase.

The best sites on the web advertise through them like eBay,Yahoo,and many more top notch online mega sites are just begging webmasters to send them customers and they pay ontime every time. I've been doing it for over 5 years now.
    yogi59 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2009, 08:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ckrismusic View Post
    I use Google adsense they pay per click, and I use Commission Junction - A Global Leader in Affiliate Marketing, Online Advertising and Search Engine Marketing They pay good per lead and or purchase.

The best sites on the web advertise through them like ebay,yahoo,and many more top notch online mega sites are just begging webmasters to send them customers and they pay ontime every time. I've been doing it for over 5 years now.
    Thanks for the info. I have been looking for someone who is using both Google adsense and commission junction. I just started CJ last week Friday and already I have click response. Google adsense though is terrible. Not sure if it is due to my web host being Microsoft office. Do you have a web host?
    Libran Posts: 43, Reputation: 0

May 20, 2009, 07:49 AM

Ya why not, it's a good site. Moreover do go for pay per impression sites like clicksor. You got more chance of earning.
    Nyways, Google adsense is not bad just if you don't have good traffic, you don't earn much. For that you need to have your website seo optimized.
    If you need any help in this regard, do ask.

May 20, 2009, 09:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Libran View Post
    Ya why not, its a good site. Moreover do go for pay per impression sites like clicksor. You got more chance of earning.
    Nyways, google adsense is not bad just if you don't have good traffic, you don't earn much. For that you need to have your website seo optimized.
    If you need any help in this regard, do ask.

Although I was really excited when I started working with Google Adsense and CJ, I have yet to receive a return on my investment. However, some of it is due to my issues I expereince with micrsoft office small business being my web host. Their coding prevented natural application of Google adsense, commission junction and any other advertisement on your website for pay. Thus, with the help of others, I always had to figure out a way of applying code through a back door method. To date, I have since transferred my web site hosting to godaddy.com and what a difference--applying code is a dream. I will be adding trafficblazer and site analytics this week and hopefully my traffic stats will change following the next couple of weeks.

May 20, 2009, 09:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by yogi59 View Post
    Although I was really excited when I started working with Google Adsense and CJ, I have yet to receive a return on my investment. However, some of it is due to my issues I expereince with micrsoft office small business being my web host. Thier coding prevented natural application of google adsense, commission junction and any other advertisement on your website for pay. Thus, with the help of others, I always had to figure out a way of of applying code through a back door method. To date, I have since transferred my web site hosting to godaddy.com and what a difference--applying code is a dream. I will be adding trafficblazer and site analytics this week and hopefully my traffic stats will change following the next couple of weeks.
    Well, first of congrats on shifting to goddady, just one suggestion that make sure your current domain is not registered to goddady. Prefer, not to have hosting and domain on same registrar.
    Trafficblazer is a good idea, robots will be able to read you easily and effectively if you followed suggestions. Just don't completely rely on it as far as seo is concerned. Wish you luck with your site. If you need any help regarding seo (grey or black), buzz me :)

May 20, 2009, 09:42 AM

What do you mean by registered to godaddy?

May 20, 2009, 09:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by yogi59 View Post
    What do you mean by registered to godaddy?
    Well I mean if you have premium domain and hosting, then don't have them on same register. Like if you purchased domain name from godaddy, don't host you site on there hosting.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Placing Free Internet Ads [ 9 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to go about placing "free" and effective ads on the internet for a cleaning business?

Placing rock around the fireplace [ 1 Answers ]

When I place my manufactured stone around my fireplace on my sheetrock (over wire mesh), do I need to use a scratch coat first? Many people I've talked to tell me a scratch coat is no longer needed with the materials available today. Thanks, Schmidt

How to go about placing New Job Bids. [ 1 Answers ]

I recently started my own small Commercial Cleaning company (I clean offices and such) and want to know where I can get blank Bid Forms (or if there is such a thing). Also, I would very much appreciate any information as to how to formally submit a bid. And MOST IMPORTANT, how to find out about Bid...

Placing cold air ducts [ 1 Answers ]

I am finishing 2 bedrooms, a bathroom, and a landing area in my basement. I will be adding another heat vent in the bathroom and one of the rooms. The other areas already have heat vents in the ceiling from the original construction. My question is: Do I need cold air vents in all or none of...

Placing a Lien on my own property? [ 1 Answers ]

I've been told that wealthy people place two liens on their own property, together equalling 100% of the value, to protect it should someone else want to place a lien on it. Is this correct? And how do we go about doing this?

View more questions Search