Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rauf Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Jun 16, 2006, 03:42 PM
    Speed Dating
    Hi all,

It's me again, still looking for love. Speed dating! Your comments and advice are most welcome.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Jun 16, 2006, 04:33 PM
    Hi Rauf. I could disqualify myself from commenting since the last time I dated it was still the slow as molasses way... but I love it whenever someone increases their "database" so I felt compelled to add this:

Be sure to throw in a periodic slow date from one of your speed date candidates. For fun and for feedback to you. In others words, some ratio of say 10 speed dates for every 1 slow date.

If the slow date is repeatedly a dud, then you aren't really gaining anything with speed dating apart from the fun (which I can well imagine it is! )

But if some of the slow dates are good, then you might be able to hone your "picker" with both experiences, not just speed dating exclusively.

Does that make sense? I hope so! LOL
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 16, 2006, 04:57 PM
    Long and slow are the best ways I know of.

The fast way is too scary for me. Never get a chance to know the real person.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 17, 2006, 06:17 AM
    I'm from the old school And this speed(?) dating or internet stuff is to far out there so I recommend good old one on one what's your sign face to face interaction.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 17, 2006, 05:15 PM
    If you are discussing where you go in and spend 3 minutes or 5 minutes with each person and there are 10 or so people to see and each rotate from person to person till each visits each person.

Then they have the chance latter to ask one of these out for a more conventional date?

Heck why not, arranged marriages by parents used to work for many

I meet my wife on a chat room before internet dating was really a going thing. And I know a lot of couples who meet on the internet.

Love is where you find it
    rauf Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Jun 25, 2006, 08:05 AM
    I signed up for speed dating in Leeds (Yorkshire) on 27th June but I got a chest infection a couple of days ago. Omens don't look good lol. If I do make it (you do know that men's flu's, etc are far worse than currently understood) I'll tell you all about it.
    ndx Posts: 79, Reputation: 21

Jun 25, 2006, 08:20 AM
    HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MM.

Speed dating, the guys have to walk around while the women keep still?

That's so unequal opportunities.

Speed dating feminists, would be a disaster.

Hope you get over your manflu so you can go!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 25, 2006, 08:28 AM
    I'm from the old school face to face conversation and chemistry try it if you like it move on to the next if you don't. See something interesting go for it, She can only say NO or -I use to be a man!-AARGH!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Difference between true air speed and equivalent air speed [ 4 Answers ]

What is the difference between the two and when an aircraft is flying at altitude what is its actual speed

From dating to friends to dating? [ 3 Answers ]

Here's my problem. I met this guy about 9 months ago. After only going out a couple of times we started dating. It only lasted for about a month and he ended it saying he didn't think we had enough in common. Since then we have become best friends and spend a lot of time together. But we are...

View more questions Search