Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nyvegaspd Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2008, 01:09 AM
    Truck driver class A with a 15yr old felony conviction
    Hello people my name is paul. And I'm a truck driver from las vegas nv. And I'm looking for some loca,are dedicated runs.I have about 4.5 yrs verifiable exp ,but I have a 15 yr old felony.my driving record is in good standing. Is there anyone who can point me to companys that hire hard working people with old felonys, someone who knows for a fact!! of someone (company) that would be willing to hire me.>E-mail Address Removed<
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 9, 2008, 01:38 AM
    Hi, nyvegaspd

Unfortunately, I don't know the name of a particular company and perhaps someone does. But, I do know someone who was hired as an OTR truck driver that has a felony on his record. It is possible to get a job. You just have to keep trying and be very upfront during an interview with the person with whom you interview. What you were convicted of might be an issue though, so it would help to know what your conviction was about.

I would also suggest minimizing what the felony was and not making that much of a big deal about it. Fifteen years ago, ready to move on with your life, learned by having made the mistake that you made, etc. Think positively, not negatively. Have your references all written down and ready to give to a potential employer.

Also, when filling out applications, I have never known where you could not submit additional information attached to an application, besides that which is on the application, in order to explain your situation better. You know what I mean? There is almost always the question on applications about "Have you ever been convicted of a felony?" Or, something along those lines.

You can get hired eventually if you persevere and if what you were convicted of is not a potential bar to employment.

Hopefully, others will also be along to address your question.

I wish you all the best!

Thanks!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 9, 2008, 07:18 AM

Sorry with the economy what it is today, looking for anything but a job is tough,

It is a matter of numbers, you go to the truck stop get those books that advertise jobs and send off to 5 to 10 a day every day. And then each week, start following up with those from the week before.
    bjohnson5884 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2010, 07:40 AM

Try this web site for felony truck drivers Felony Truck Drivers

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Licensed cdl truck driver w/ felony? [ 2 Answers ]

I am a licensed cdl truck driver. I cannot get a semi driving job because of a felon I had from 4 years ago . Anyone?

Felony conviction [ 5 Answers ]

When asked the question on job application were you convicted of a felony in the past seven years can you answer no if you were convicted 12 years ago

Felony conviction [ 9 Answers ]

I know someone who was convicted of passport fraud. He was given 5 yrs probation with several stipulations one being that he must stay current on court ordered child support. He was also told he can not leave his jusdicial area without permission of the probation officer. He lost his job when he...

Felony Conviction [ 2 Answers ]

How can I find a job as a felon. What type of work can I do? Can I go to college and if so what are my options;) ;)

Felony conviction [ 1 Answers ]

How to get a felony conviction explunged from your record?

View more questions Search