Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 16, 2006, 11:13 AM
    A lesson in spyware
    Is Spyware a simple concept ?

I read This piece and felt compled to share it with you.

What do you do to combat spyware infection?
    Yes, Nez, I know you use Linux smartie pants ;)

Personally I find surfing with Paranoid Mode fully engaged and a nice shiney Tin foil hat works a treat.
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Jun 16, 2006, 11:54 AM
    If infected by spyware:

(1) Don't Panic!
    (2) Don't complain to MS... Bill has just retired.
    (3) Don't visit that dodgy site again,even if it did have the words "free update"
    (4) Remember to validate your Windows Genuine disadvantage it can't be uninstalled beta 5 deep registry drill-code version D.
    (5) Always install the I won't be gullable ever again about spyware download,parts 1 to 999,in zip format,beta 4,from Dodgy Dave's download site,in Russia.

If all else fails... take one sledgehammer... :D
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Jun 16, 2006, 03:18 PM
    Aaaah, I see... its only called spyware if it isn't yours... you call it updates instead? :eek:

Maybe a review of the "definitions of cults" thread is in order here...
    Start at the beginning of it. :rolleyes:
    LOL
    Northwind_Dagas Posts: 348, Reputation: 83

Jun 16, 2006, 04:35 PM
    How does WGA slow down a computer?

Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben
    What do you do to combat spyware infection ??
    I use Microsoft Defender, Firefox for web browsing, and always ALWAYS read the licensing agreement when installing new software.
    shunned Posts: 268, Reputation: 20

Jun 17, 2006, 07:40 AM
    I've always suspected that spyware is created by anti-spyware companies.
    There doesn't seem to be continuity with any of the anti-spyware programs. NAV will catch some things, adaware will catch come things, etc.
    It's like the large scale scam of the phone companies where they charge you NOT to publish your phone number, then charge you (caller ID) to see WHO is calling you even though the phone company sold them your number.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lesson learned [ 3 Answers ]

Many of you that ever read my posts know I used to work with the Justice Dept in a position that was classified Law Enforcement, and work for years within the State of GA as a POST cetified law enforcement officer. Well I had never in all my years ever actually used my own "mace" pepper spray. ...

What is the lesson behind the Prophecy? [ 12 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, What is the lesson and message behing the Prophecy is Daniel chappter 3 about the image made of Gold? What do you think it is? Take care, Hope12 :o

PurityScan... Spyware or nor Spyware? [ 5 Answers ]

On my computer this screen popped up and it said it was ready to install Purityscan wich I had no intention of installing. Sure it might be a good program, then again it might not be for the simple fact is that somehow it or something put a reg key on my computer. Normally I would know what it's...

Autoruns - spyware question, Delete spyware with "Autoruns", back again [ 3 Answers ]

I am using "autoruns", hoping to get rid of many spyware programs. I am attempting to manually remove some of the spyware (while not connected to internet) startup files along with corresponding registry file using "autoruns" . Problem is when I restart "autoruns" the spyware files have returned. ...

View more questions Search