Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jun 16, 2006, 06:20 AM
    Can this be hacked? How secure is this webpage?
    Here I've got a password protected web page.
    http://www.jackson8.com/secret

Can any of you gurus get to it, or tell me how secure it really is?

Thanks!
    phr0ze Posts: 106, Reputation: 3

Jul 18, 2006, 03:48 PM
    If someone wants in they can do it. Since it's hosted on lunar pages, hackers would mainly try to hack the server directly, then get to the site through the file system.

One security suggestion, you could try to make the password box not appear over and over. This opens the site to a scripted dictionary attack. If possible, lock the user name/password until it is manually reset. If that is not possible, lock the account for a period like they do at askmehelpdesk.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Someone Hacked Me [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everyone but someone hacked my e mail address and changed my password I've been told that the person is saying really disgusting things to people and I'd really like to know if there is someone who can help me get my password back. Because if I don't I'm in a lot of trouble!! SOMEONE PLEASE...

Find a webpage [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for a webpage that will give me a list of corporate and or large franchise retail home décor, garden centers and furniture stores. I am not intrested in mom and pop retail establishments. Thanks

MP3 for webpage [ 1 Answers ]

I want to use an MP3 on my webpage, but I just want a short piece of it. Any idea what software I can use to cut a clip out of an MP3?

Webpage from Argali.com on my desktop [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I am new to this site. I was wondering if anyone can help me with a problem I have. A couple of weeks ago I visited a site called argali.com (A phone listing site). Didn't recall clicking anywhere other than to leave. When I got back on my desktop I had a small window in the upper left...

Webpage problem [ 1 Answers ]

I am having trouble accessing eBay and Google - every time I type in the URL the page displays - "soon.." - I cannot get in... a while back ago I got attacked with a popup frenzie and I fixed it but since I cannot access these two sites. I can access all other sites without problems... HELP!

View more questions Search