Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrm58 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2006, 05:02 AM
    Problem printing Publisher files sent through Outlook
    I'm having an issue with MS Publisher 2003 files which are sent through email and opened in MS Outlook 2003. I'm using the "Send this Page as an Email" option, but when the recipients get the email and try to print it, they only get what will fit onto one page, and the rest comes out blank. I know there is the option to send the presentation itself as an attachment, but that really is not optimal for this case. I can't figure out totally if Outlook is treating the Publisher page in the email as a picture or as HTML, but either way, it won't print the whole thing. Any suggestions?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 16, 2006, 07:28 AM
    If you choose send the page as e-mail, then its converting the page to HTML so its no longer a Pub file. If you want to try sending me the page, PM me and I'll give you an e-mail address to send it to so I can test it.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 20, 2006, 07:03 PM
    Sorry for the delay in getting back. I see what you mean about printing. The problem is that WEB pages were not meant to be printed just viewed. What you've done in Pub is create a page too long for normal printers.

I'm not sure how to fix this however. I would check the Publixher support forum at support.mirosoft.com.
    mrm58 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2006, 11:18 AM
    I had a feeling that was why. We tried using a non-web based template, but it's still having the issue in that there's just too much to fit on one page, but the user does not want to send the whole file. He just wants to send the one page as an email. I'll tell him its just too long, and that if it's necessary for those who receive to print it, he should send the file along as an attachment.

Thanks for your help though :).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Printing Publisher Email Newsletter [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am new to this group, and need your feedback. We are sending a publisher file as an email message to Outlook. When we print the email message in Outlook, the printer recognizes over 500 pages to be printed. Do you think this is in the Publisher settings or in our Outlook settings? ...

Printing in Outlook Web Access [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, We use Microsoft Exchange Server 2003, and use Outlook Web Access to view emails when we are not in the office. The problem we are having is printing emails out, the text is either spaced out across the page, goes over the page, then there are lines missing. We have tried to change...

Outlook Express Printing Problems [ 4 Answers ]

Windows XP with IE6 and Outlook Suddenly all my EMails are printed in small print using any of my printers (HP and EPSOM) I have re-booted the system and printed again.. same result I can print in Word or any other documents and get full size print However ALL my Emails use a tiny print. ...

Printing problem from outlook express [ 1 Answers ]

I cann't print from outlook Express,It is giving error : Incompertable version in RPC stub.(Error 228).My OS is win98se,&printer is dot matrix. Please help. Thank in advance

Outlook Express 6 printing [ 3 Answers ]

When I print email in OE, it always prints my name on top. I do not want my name on top; I'd rather it just have our last name or none at all. Where do I look to change this, please?

View more questions Search