Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mmonden Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2008, 11:42 AM
    Wiring Multple Light Switches To Control Seprate lights
    Hello Everyone!

I understnd how to wire a switch but I do not know the best way to divide a single set of wires into a bunch of different switches. I want to be able to have 3 switches in a single box control different pats of my basement.

Thanks!
    Mmonden
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Nov 8, 2008, 12:36 PM

Depends on whether the power comes to the switch or to the fixture.
    Attached Images

mmonden Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2008, 08:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hkstroud View Post
    Depends on whether the power comes to the switch or to the fixture.
    Awsome! Thank you. I was going to make pigtails for 1 to the next to the next. This is much better and the picture was great! The power is coming from the switch.

Mmonden
    Garyessen Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2009, 12:22 PM

The power goes to the switches, two switches and two lights
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Oct 24, 2009, 06:30 PM

And the question is?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring 3 switches, each controlling a separate light [ 8 Answers ]

Where can I find a diagram to show how to wire 3 switches in the same box, each controlling a different light? Thanks. David

Wiring 3 switches for 3 lights [ 8 Answers ]

Hi,need a digram on wiring 3 switches in a gang box to 3 diff lights,I took power from a receptacle,I got one light to work,but need to know how to wire the other 2 lights and switches,also I am using 3 dimmer switches,the lighting is for a lionel train platform.thanks for your help,rich

Wiring 2 switches to a bathroom fan/light [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to have my bathroom light/fan operate separtaly, with one switch operating the light and the other operating the fan. The power coming to the switch is 3 wire (black, white, and ground). The wire coming from the light/fan:confused: is 4 wire (black, white, red, and ground). I have 2...

Outdoor eletrical wiring (switches, control center) [ 1 Answers ]

I was curious if anyone knows of a "control center" type device for outside wireing... I've wired up quite a few indoors, but I know those indoor ones are NOT for outdoors because they are not water tight and most don't even have covers for the switches. Basically what I need is an outdoor box...

Wiring for multiple light switches [ 3 Answers ]

I have three light switches that control one light fixture. In the past, they all turned the light of and on independently. But recently it depends on where you turn if off. In some cases, it won't turn on at another switch. Someone told me it was the wiring or the switches. Nobody has changed...

View more questions Search