Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cdeshotels Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2008, 11:32 AM
    Ceiling fan remote control
    When you purchase a ceiling fan that says it comes with a remote control, does that mean that you will only be able to control it with the remote control, or is that optional and will you also be able to control it the conventional way with a wall switch and pull strings?

Thanks
    agastyamalhotra Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

Nov 8, 2008, 11:40 AM

U have to use the remote control only.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2008, 01:13 AM

It depends if the fan also comes with pullchains. Some do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to change ceiling fan remote batteries on a hamilton bay remote control unit [ 3 Answers ]

Before I break the darn thing, can you tell me if the back panel comes off or if I have to unscrew the top and bottom screws?

Ceiling fan will only run on low with remote as control [ 3 Answers ]

I moved into a house that has a harbour breeze ceiling fan (two of them with this issue) that has a hand held remote. The remote works with the light and the fan will turn on only one speed. I'm assuming this is low. Regardless if I press high, medium or low I only get one speed. The receiver...

Ceiling fan remote control [ 3 Answers ]

Following a power outage yesterday, my remote control celing fan (an Emerson, I believe) stopped working. I replaced the battery in the remote, but still no dice. What can I do to make this fan operable?

Ceiling fan remote control [ 5 Answers ]

Just had an electrician install 5 Harbor Breeze Triton 52" fans in a home we remodeled. In one room, the fan only goes on HIGH regardless of which button you push. I changed the dip switches with another fan remote and the same thing happened, so I assume it is not a remote problem. Any...

View more questions Search