Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jun 16, 2006, 03:36 AM
    Ok So I am a cat person, with questions...
    Hey everyone, I actually got some questions...

On Mother's Day, a young stray female that was hanging around and my wife brought in a week or so earlier, had four kittens.

I added a couple of pictures of the kids, they are cute little boogers.

The tan are both male, and the grays are females. Pretty neat. They all seem very healthy, no fleas at all, they are now getting very energetic.

So, it has been decades since I had kittens to worry about. They all have good future homes, but we got to keep the crew until they are ready to leave Mom. ( I keep a calender by their bed and scratch off each day for them, they look at me with their little sad eyes, but I have not crumbled... yet.)

The grays will stay with Mom and go to a friend of my wife, and the tans are going to my daughter for my grandson.

When do they stop nursing on Mom?

What do they eat when done with Mom?

I suppose once they start eating food, they will start pooping (nothing gets by me!), so how do you get them litterbox trained?

Any other advice I may need?

We already have an eight year old male, who could not care less about Mom or the kids, but is getting harassed by Mom when he walks around the house. I never took him for a wuss, but he runs away from her and has moved outside until he can take over his kingdom again.

So, any advice anyone? I sure could use some kitty knowledge.

Thanks in advance.

Kevin
    Attached Images

Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2006, 03:42 AM
    Hello there, firstly would love to say HOW CUTE they look, so sweet. I love cats.

Ok I'm not an expert but I have 2 cats so I suppose I know something.

1. I think its 8 weeks that they stop nursing on mum.
    2. buy them solid kitten food such as meat in tins, e.g.. Kittens Whiskas. Buy the kitten food as cat food will be too rich for their little tummies :)
    3. I found that my cats made their own way to the cat litter, sort of their own discovery. But what you can do is, pick them up and put them in it, and slowly slowly they will learn.
    Stormy69 Posts: 290, Reputation: 98

Jun 18, 2006, 10:13 AM
    I agree they are CUTE! I want a grey one!
    6 to 8 weeks is an average depending on how Momma cat feels about things.
    Soft canned catfood will feed them fine until they go to new homes. Avoid milk unless you want new flooring!
    AS soon as they start to roam around( which looks like they are already big enough) get a beer flat( short cardboard box) line with newspapers and scoopable litter, put them in and take a paw and dig at the litter, this should be all you need to get them going in the litterbox training dept.
    They will continue to nurse on mom for as long as she allows them to, even if they are old enough to eat solids. I think you should keep one for your older cat to play with..,. LOL but then again that's how I ended up with 16 cats at one time... so maybe not:D
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jun 18, 2006, 06:17 PM
    http://cats.about.com/od/kittencare/a/lessonfive.htm

Aww, they are sooo CUTE!

Check out the refresher course on cat care, it will all come back to you.

Got to go, have to stay loyal to Larry, I promised him I would not look at cat pictures other than his for too long.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Artificial person vs. Natural person? [ 9 Answers ]

How would the court deal with a natural person vs, artificial person? By definition a artificial person is a corporation (strawman) which the court would have jurisdication. How does the court deal with a natural person, a human being? How does the court obtain jurisdication over a human being? ...

Who is the person on the picture? [ 24 Answers ]

Can someone please tell me who the person on the picture is? The person is suppose to be well known. http://www.da-shizzaoh.com/hvemerdette.jpg

I would like to grow and be a better person [ 23 Answers ]

But I find certain members of my family are against this, and would like me to be like at there beck and call. They come to me with all there problems and I feel like I am like a 24 hour social worker, there still asking my advice up until 11 or 12 oclock at night. The thing you may be asking is...

Very Lost Person [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, I am new here and I am kind of at the end of my rope. I have not had a period for 3 months now and thought that I might have ovulated on May 31 or June 1 seeing how I have pain with ovulation. Well, over the last 4-5 days I have had severely tender breasts and increase in cervical mucas. I...

Will I have kids with this person? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I wanted to know if I would have kids with this person. My name is Tishanna 9/17/1978 Dwayne 12/26/76 Thanks

View more questions Search