Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    always_learning Posts: 54, Reputation: 2

Jun 15, 2006, 06:17 PM
    IEPlugin Removal Problems
    Can someone give me directions on how to remove for good the following annoying little registry value that keeps popping up every time I run XoftSpyE:

Vendor: IEPlugin Threat: Severe Risk
    system\currentcontrolset\services\mchinjdrv\enum\0 :@root\legacy_mchinjdrv\0000

I tried to find the Registry value in Regedit using the Edit Find function. I may have done it incorrectly as there were no results for the search string.

I have already run the free Symantec IEPlugin removal program which picked up 16 Registry keys and values and deleted them.

Both Norton AntiVirus and Spyware Doctor do not pick up any traces of the infection so it would be safe to say that the hijacker keylogger adware is no longer a threat. However, for a learning experience I would like to know how to remove all traces of this pest from my Registry.
    Northwind_Dagas Posts: 348, Reputation: 83

Jun 21, 2006, 07:07 AM
    There may not be a registry key, but a reference to a registry key that one existed that is causing the XoftSpyE alert.

Use HijackThis! to reveal all the registry entry references, browser helper objects, plug-ins, and anything else related to IE.

However, remove only what you know should not be there, as this tool shows everything--including the stuff that's okay.
    always_learning Posts: 54, Reputation: 2

Jun 27, 2006, 04:17 AM
    Thanks for that good piece of advice. I have installed HijackThis and it has thrown up quite a few suspicious results.

You are right about not trying DIY deletions of things. I came across a good site where professionals can analyse the HijackThis results for free and give the correct interpretation. The link is below:

http://forums.thetechguys.com/archive/index.php/

I will keep you posted of the outcome.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adhesive removal [ 2 Answers ]

I need to remove some old, but very thin yellow adhesive from a concrete floor. The adhesive was used to glue a carpet to the floor. I have been using diluted muriatic acid and a metal hand-brush ("elbow grease"), but it it really difficult to take it off. It the acid is too strong, it etches...

Old adhesive removal [ 2 Answers ]

I have removed the vinyl tiles in my basement to find this old black adhesive painted all over the floor.I was planning on painting the floor-Would I have to remove the adhesive before I could paint the floor ? If so what is the fastest and easiest way of doing so ?

Frost removal [ 1 Answers ]

I accidentally washed part of the sandy/frosting stuff off the globes from our overhead light fixtures. I was able to completely remove it from one of them but the other two are being more stubborn. What might I use to more easliy remove this stuff from the others?

Stain removal [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have spilt some paint on floor and kitchen cabinets while painting on walls.Could you please suggest me how to remove those paint spots. Thanks

Stain removal [ 1 Answers ]

How can I remove candle wax from cloth?

View more questions Search