Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jessie51 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2008, 10:43 AM
    5 years to get a Green Card for a Ukrain Citizen?
    We have filed and interviewed now for 5 years, they said in June it was coming our green card for my wife from Ukraine, we are still waiting.. . What is the hold up?
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Nov 7, 2008, 11:17 AM

Are you currently a US citizen or Permanent Resident?

If you are a permanent resident, after approval of I-130, you must wait until visa number becomes current, which takes about 5-6 years.

If you are a US citizen, the whole process should not take longer than 18 months, if this applies to you, consult immigration attorney. Follow up in case like this should be carried out by a pro.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Citizen married 01/07 to former H1-B, now Green Card holder. 1040? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi – really straightforward question from a newbie. I am a US citizen (born here). Got married in 01/07 (our first anniversary is Sunday!). My husband was a H1-B holder at the time of our marriage. He had been in the US for 9 years (grad school + 5+ years of an H1-B). Never left the country. ...

Urgent: Married citizen and apply green card, H1-B status [ 3 Answers ]

HI, Thanks for your attention. I just married a citizen recently and my H1-B visa will expired at the end of Sept 2008. While I'm applying the green card, do I need to renew my H1-B visa? Do you know can I still continue to work with my company? Also, for the form I-864 affidavit of support...

DWI 5 years ago can I become a citizen? [ 1 Answers ]

I was driving after I drank 1 beer (24oz) I was stopped by the police and the results of the alcohol was 0.9. I was taken to jail and release the same day I paid a bound. This was 5 years ago, could this affect me if I want to become a Citizen I am curretly a resident.

H1-B holder married citizen which form require for green card [ 1 Answers ]

I am a H1-B holder and married US citizen 2 years ago. Which forms should be submitted to USCIS.GOV to get Green card? I-130, I-485, I-864, I-765, G-325A and I-751 Is this correct?

Is H1 married to Green Card Holder elligible to apply for Green Card? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am on my H1B visa in USA since Jan 2006.I got married to a Permanent resident in US while I am on my h1B. 1) I would like to know if I could start my green card processing through my husband? 2) How long can I stay on my H1B and when should I get my extension of H1B? Thanks Much!...

View more questions Search