Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CURIOUS08 Posts: 84, Reputation: 3

Nov 7, 2008, 07:18 AM
    What to do?
    Me Again! Seems like I'm always on this board when I have a new guy problem! Lol... The truth is... it helps to get advice from people that are wise and out of the circle...

Anyhow, here is my story... I went to a friends party last weekend and he wanted to set me up with this guy... lets call him "A"... "A" is very shy as I was told. We didn't converse too much at the party and after I left he asked my friend for my number saying I was extremely cute and wanted to ask me out...

Monday I was on myspace and saw him on my friends friend list. I had a male friend over at the time and he told me to email him and add him as a friend... to not play stupid games and do the "rules" and wait for the guy to call... So, I did.

He did write back and the next day sent me a text saying he might be in my area on Thurs and if he is, maybe we can meet up. I said that was cool. The next day he did text and said he was not going to be able to make Thurs. He was supposed to be in AC Wed - Sun but because of things going on he won't be going until Friday. He starts a new job on Monday and has a lot to do until then. He also had to judge a law competition at a close by law school to where we live. He sent me "essay" texts as to how nervous he was and everything and how we will figure out how to meet up and what not.

I was texting him back... trying to flirt a bit... but I'm afraid my flirting scared him. I told him that he had my 100% attention and wished him luck with his judging and then said that when I hear from him I smile. I honestly don't think that there is anything wrong with what I said... but I think maybe he took that as though I was trying to move too fast.
    I wrote him an email later that same night telling him that I was sorry if I sounded pushy. Next thing I know, he took his myspace page off... Now.. he didn't have much on it to begin with... nothing was filled out and barely had any friends. But he sent a message to everyone saying that he needs a break from that and he barely uses it anyway but he'll be back. So, I sent him a text asking if he left myspace... no response... I waited a few hours and one of my guy friends told me to just call him... so I did. I called from my work number so I don't think he knew it was me because he doesn't know my work number... but I left a message.. saying I was nervous... and I was sorry if I was pushy.. I am bad at flirting and I was just enjoying the moments...

I know he's busy... but I haven't had a call back yet and I"m afraid I ruined it. I did email my friend and he said that maybe he got scared.... felt I was pushing too fast which was not my intention.... but he'll try and fix it.

I know at this point there isn't much that I can do. The ball is in his court and I can't keep texting him or call again because I will look crazy..lol.. and I'm definitely not that.
    I just wanted to state my story to see if anyone had any ideas or insight... I want to get his attention back and let him know I"m not needy or pushy lol... I just didn't know how to handle myself since I'm usually the one chasing.. lol... help!:confused:
    NorthernNiceGuy Posts: 238, Reputation: 75

Nov 8, 2008, 12:33 AM

Well it's hard to say, and all we can really do is guess at what he is thinking... He could be a little taken back by it all, or he could genuinely be very busy and hasn't had time to respond.

You may have overdone it a little with the messages. Further contacting him to explain yourself probably just added to it, and like you said may have came off a bit strong.

All you can do now is just sit back and play the waiting game. If he contacts you than great, and if not than you have your answer and life goes on.

And if he does contact you, don't be distant or cold. Don't play games to try and show him that you are not needy. Ease up a little bit but still be yourself, because in the end that's who you want him to fall for.

I've been there myself where I got a little overexcited about someone, we all do it so don't feel bad :)

All the best!
    TrueFaith Posts: 1,202, Reputation: 313
    Ultra Member

Nov 8, 2008, 12:58 AM

Its hard to know what the other person is thinking..

If you scared the guy off with a text like that..
    Then sweet heart.. get another guy :)

Nah but be real. Give it a week and see if he contacts you again.. I am sure he will though

So don't stress over this too much.. and worrie about something when it happens :)
    No ifs and that.

And I don't think you was being push at all
    You wished him luck.
    And that was it

Plus you had his attention at the party.

You have a lot to go with on here :)

All the best
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 8, 2008, 07:35 AM

Give the guy a break, and leave him alone, and if he changes his mind later, the ball will be in your court.

If he doesn't make an effort to show interest, leave him alone.
    lmnotok Posts: 217, Reputation: 37

Nov 8, 2008, 07:33 PM

Just calm down, leave it alone, get something else to do, don't just concern too much about him or what you did.

Nov 8, 2008, 09:38 PM
    Thank you everyone who has responded! For Northernguy... when you said something like this has happened to u, can you share w me your story and the outcome...
    What has me wondering is that I blew it which I hope is really not the case.
    For Tan... he was showing the interest... he was the one to contact me via text first and mention getting together... I just was stupid to come on strong w some of my responses and the phone call to explain that I didn't mean to sound that way...
    He starts a new job this week and I know this weekend he is running around.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 9, 2008, 06:08 AM

Don't stress over it, just keep enjoying your own life.

Nov 9, 2008, 07:33 PM
    Lol... I am enjoying life... and I'm not really stressing to be quite honest. I just feel a little bummed about it... Hopefully he will take a few days a call me :(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search