Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carraboo12304 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2008, 06:32 AM
    No menstrual cycles after giving birth 16 months ago and weaning 2 months ago
    I gave birth in July 2007 and nursed my son until the middle of September 2008. Unlike after I gave birth to my daughter 5 years ago, I did not resume my menstrual cycles as I continued to nurse my son and would only have a few days of spotting.

Now, it has been 2 months since I totally weaned my son, and I no longer even have spotting once a month. What could be the reason my cycles haven't resumed?
    kraussnumber2 Posts: 105, Reputation: 10

Nov 11, 2008, 09:28 PM

Im not sure why scientificly but I know that it just takes time. Every woman is different and you can be different from one child to the next. If you are worried about it call the doctor or a telanurse. They can probably help you over the phone.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2008, 01:14 PM

As kraussnumber2 said, it can be very individual. You tend to see it more with longer durations of breastfeeding, but it can happen that way for anyone. Some women will start their periods back just from baby sleeping through a couple of feeds at night, it can be enough to start things off again. Other women will find they still have several months without periods after they finish weaning.
    Give it a few more months and see what happens. Odds are you will start back up within several weeks. If not, check with your doctor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2 months late menstrual 6 negative pregnancy test and no symptoms feel? [ 12 Answers ]

I'am 2 months late menstrual 6 negative pregnancy test and no symptoms feel? But I didn't yet go to the doctor for the check up.. because I'am afraid. And one thing more I don't like yet to become pregnant.

Lack of Period 6 months after birth of baby [ 5 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone has any info that might help me out. I gave birth 6 months ago by C-section because my baby was breech. He was also 5 weeks premature. The placenta was embedded in the wall of my uterus. The OB/GYN said this was due to a procedure I had many years ago called thermal...

Bleeding 3 months straight after depo shot 4 months ago [ 2 Answers ]

The birth control shot I got was supposed to be good for 3 months. I got it 4 months ago, so I realize it should have worn off by now. Everything was fine for the 1st month, but for the past 3 MONTHS, I my vagina has continually been bleeding. After it had been doing this for 3 weeks I called to...

I have not had a period in 3 months and I have the iud birth control [ 9 Answers ]

Umm yes I have a ? I had the iud insurted in me like 3 months ago and I have not had a period since and I feel like fludders in my belly and I had like brownish discharge a little while ago! Could I be Pregnant?:)

No period for 3 months after birth and tubal. [ 2 Answers ]

I gave birth on Dec 21 had tubal on Jan 31, I still have not had a period. I am in a lot of pain body wise, (like the flu) and exhausted all the time. I also have menstral cramps a lot but in the morning mainly. I took a pregnancy test with negative results. I do not breastfeed. What is going...

View more questions Search