Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xxgawjuzuxx Posts: 78, Reputation: 2

Nov 7, 2008, 12:17 AM
    10 month old dog - marking his territory inside
    my 10 month old border collie x husky has just started marking his territory outside a month or so ago but within the past week when I let him inside ( his mainly an outside dog) he has been marking his territory inside, we don't have any other dogs, only a cat?
    I don't know why his doing this or how to stop him. I don't think its an accident because he is actually peeing on things when he has an accident its on the floor. Also lately he has taken a real disliking to our neighbours, every time they go outside their house 2 do gardens etc. he will bark at them non stop unless I sit with him && since this his being very scared of them he tries 2 hide and will cuddle up to me if I'm with him. His not usually a very scared dog and its only our neighbours on one side his scared of? Please help.
    thank you.
    djdj12438 Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Nov 7, 2008, 01:03 AM

Make sure that your neighbours don't have any dogs because your dog seems threatened by something and is marking its territory. Him marking his territory inside is a sign of fear, look for other animals in the yard (ratcoons etc.) Your dog needs to have a safe environment. Also if your dog has recently been nutered some times they act a little different afterwards. If none of those work try to invest in some Simple Solution Potty Training Aid. (Where ever you spray this your dog will sense it and urinate on it.) start by putting some newspaper down outside and spraying it down with the solution and he will start urinating on it and then eventually remove the newspaper. I personally used this product at my home, I had 11 english springers and it worked great. Hope this helps.
    xxgawjuzuxx Posts: 78, Reputation: 2

Nov 7, 2008, 04:21 AM

Thank you 4 giving me some ideas, they don't have a dog && I live in australia so we don't gt ratcoons bt we did have a snake in the yard a month or so ago bt he didn't really seemed phased by it.. he tried 2 play with it :S:S. I wasn't sure whether the neighbours done anything because they're srta dislike us & complained a while ago because my dog &his friend he had over got out in the early morning & ran in there front yard. Yesterday I was tryn 2 calm him down and I walked down the back of the yard and then I hrd the neighbour make dog noises to him and then laughed so maybe he teases him & he does gt cranky when he barks at them, he actually said a sarcastic comment to me this afternoon.. bt I didn't say anything back because I don't want to be rude or him hurt my dog while I'm at school. Thanks.. (:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Marking his Territory [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2 pit bulls, Kiera; 1 year, and Capone; 2 years old. Both of my dogs are fixed, and pretty much non aggressive. They are kenneled trained and spend, on an average of 7 hours a day in them. When we are at home, we are almost always outside with us, running and playing. SO, Capone has been...

How to stop my Dachshunds from marking their territory [ 3 Answers ]

I have 2 standard male doxies. They are almost 5 years old and our brothers. They are both fixed. Back in January we got a female mini longhair doxie. The boys have all of the sudden stated marking things in the house over the past month and a half. We have 3 floors in my house and the female has...

5 1/2 month old puppy still having accidents inside [ 14 Answers ]

I have never had a puppy before, my previous dog was potty trained when I got her. But I am having problems with accident inside the house every day.. I started taking her out to potty every hour as suggested by the trainer and now if I don't take her every 45 minutes to an hour all the time she...

9 Month old chihuahua Marking things around the house [ 1 Answers ]

Hi My 9 month old chihuahua has just started to mark things around the house, if I leave anything lying unattended for a few minutes it has been marked. (esp bin bags at the moment) He is house trained and always goes outside to the toilet except if I let him come upstairs with me at night....

View more questions Search