Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rollingalong Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2008, 09:12 PM
    Taken advantage off.
    My friend has been taking advantage of me for awhile, but recently he owed me $60 because I bought him $20 worth of gas, paid for his dinner $10, spent 5 hours replacing his front bumper $30 (was going to charge him $60 there was a lot of extra cosmetic work that had to be done), and bought him a compass for $10. I know that doesn't add up to $60 but you know I kept on lowering the price because he kept complaining it was too high, finally I said enough is enough pay me $60 or I leave.

Obviously he said "No" so I left my now ex-friend, is there anything I should do. This isn't the first time this has happened. Should I try and retrieve my money by small claims or what.
    08_777444 Posts: 111, Reputation: 16

Nov 6, 2008, 09:22 PM
    Money is the root of all evil.

Aside from the physical labor on the bumper you are really only out of pocket $40. Look at it this way, it only cost you $40 bucks to get rid of him, which is $40 bucks well spent. For $40 bucks you were able to figure out that he wasn't your friend. I wouldn't go to court, I would chalk it up as loss, and move on. I have always been told to never lend money to a friend unless you are willing to give up that friendship. People often lose friendships over the stupidest things, like money... what a shame.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 6, 2008, 09:31 PM

Let it go, and walk away, as you went along with this deal, knowing what a jerk he was.
    TrueFaith Posts: 1,202, Reputation: 313
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2008, 09:48 PM

You know your friend
    And you did it anyway

Make a fix price! When you work for a friend.. always

Walk away be the bigger person

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Advantage and disadvantage [ 4 Answers ]

I am doing an assignment on unions. What are some advantages of being in a union? And What are some disadvantages of being in a union?

A guy took advantage of me. What should I do? [ 19 Answers ]

I recently made a big mistake. Ive been talking to a guy that I work with and I could tell he is the type that just goes from girl to girl but I didn't want anything sexual out of him. I let him know that I'm not the type of girl that has sex with people I barely know and that I didn't really...

Medicare Advantage [ 2 Answers ]

I have been in Financial Services for 18 years; everything from stocks and bonds to insurance and annuities. It appears many reps are making a lot of money on Medicare Advantage Plans these days. I can't nail down where to go to get good pre-set leads for this, especially on a part-time basis. Is...

What is the advantage of 480 over 220? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a welding operation and just bought a new building. Is there any advantage to having 480 over 220?

Taken advantage of [ 7 Answers ]

I am a bisexual female, and I have many problems but one of the most frequent and hurtful problems is that I am always getting taken advantage of by guys. I like talking, I like experimenting, I like being different and actually listening to what they have to say, and so far that hasn't worked for...

View more questions Search