Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    clove Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2006, 07:20 AM
    Mother of the groom
    My son is getting married to a girl from outside of our state. Since I do not know her or her family well, I would like to give a personal gift to the bride to help start our mother-in-law relationship on a good footing also to warmly welcome her to the family. Are there any suggestions?
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Jun 15, 2006, 11:40 AM
    I would first take her out to dinner just you and her and try to find out what she likes and maybe do a little window shopping with her and her mother if time allows. This will give you an idea of what is special to her and what a great mother in law can do to help with the stress of welcoming her to a whole new family. That's what my future mother in law did with me. It has worked out wonderfully. Plan a girls day out without the guys and get to know her. That is a wonderful gift in and of itself. She is her own person and not an extension of your son, many people forget that when dealing with a marriage... on both sides. I think it is wonderful that you want to do something special for her.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have never met my mother [ 12 Answers ]

I have been searching for my mother since I was 21 years old. I am now almost 31 and all I have found out was her name and date she married my dad and how old she was when she married my dad. I was not adopted. My dad raised me. For some reason my dad would not tell me anything about her and now he...

My mother acts like a bill collector more than a mother [ 9 Answers ]

I need an opinion... my mother has lent me money for some computer programs and we get our cell phones together so I deposit mine in her account every month to pay for mine and pay her monthly to pay her back for my programs. Lately, my work has been slow, and I will not have the money until next...

Please Help me help my mother [ 13 Answers ]

Hi my name is jermaine, I'm new to this board. My mother who is 65yrs of age has a occupier staying in her basement located in new york, he was paying a occupancy fee for a total of about 3-4 months. He stopped paying the occupancy fee in end of June and stated that he will be leaving leaving...

Mother of the Groom [ 2 Answers ]

My son is getting married. Is there any advice for the mother of the groom? Advice appreciated on attire (evening attire), customs, etc. I have never met the girl nor her parents, and they all live in another state. I will not meet them until I go out for the wedding. Thanks, K.

Will mother and son know each other? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2 year old male cat. We got him from my grandfather who still has the mother and the sister. They were together until he was about 4 months old. If I brought my cat to see the mother and the sister, would he still recognize them? I would like to bring them together again but, I don't...

View more questions Search