Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chevelle Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2008, 05:28 PM
    Requirements to move out of state while on probation
    I know it must vary state to state, but I am curious as to what some standard requirements might be to move out of state while on probation. I've been searching for an answer and all I have been able to find is basically complete the paperwork with your PO, wait for approval (or denial), and then possibly appeal. But what kind of details are going to be required? For example, what if you are currently separated and a divorce isn't final? Or if there are any issues pending with motor vehicle? Etc etc. Maybe a better question would be, what would prevent approval of a move out of state?

Also, is it true that if approved you will be given a date in the new state and must make sure the move is complete to report by that date?

And what if you moved to the new state and then wanted to come back? Would it even be more complicated to come back at that point? Or the same amount of trouble that it was to move the first time?

Thanks
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2008, 06:18 PM

Hi, Chevelle!

If you've not seen it yet, you might want to check out information that can be found via clicking on the following link. It's written by one of our wise members here, excon.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/crimin...on-115783.html

Thanks!

Nov 6, 2008, 06:37 PM
    Thanks Clough for sending that my way... Yep, I had seen that post... and it was helpful. Guess still looking for more detail.
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2008, 06:45 PM

You're welcome! I'm sure that there will be those who really know the most about this sort of thing who will be along eventually to address your question on a more personal level.

There are at least a couple of individuals here who would know the most about that sort of subject. Those would be excon and Fr_Chuck.

I wish you the best!

Thanks!

Nov 6, 2008, 06:49 PM
    Thanks so much, I appreciate that!
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2008, 06:59 PM

Again, you're welcome! You just need to be patient now...

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I move out of state while on probation? [ 19 Answers ]

Hey guys I'm on probation for two felony charges and I have a great opportunity out of state for a new job and a fresh start on life with a different crowd of friends for the better. I know its possible to transfer out of state from reading some of the previous answers on this site< but I'm not...

On probation and need to move out of state [ 7 Answers ]

I am on probation for misdeamnor and I live in Kansas and my husband lives in Iowa. I want to move to be with him and I have been getting the run around for a year a half now and they won't let me move. What can I do.

How do you move to another state while on first offender probation? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm on first offender and I'm wanting to move to a state that does not recognize that law. Is it possible to do this?

Probation requirements in Maryland [ 2 Answers ]

Are You Able To Leave The State While On Probation?

Job needs me to move out of state but on probation. [ 5 Answers ]

Ok, so I'm needed to move out of state VERY QUICKLY to another state for my job but I'm currently on probation here in AZ. My PO has said that it's possible to get the probation transferred, but that that process could take up to 6 months. I need this done in about 2 weeks. Are they are any options...

View more questions Search