Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Overtime Chef Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2008, 11:25 AM
    Is it OK to work 95 hours a week on salary?
    For over a year, I have been worked as a chef and Director of Food Services for a Private college. 9 out of 12 months of the year I work between 85-106 hours a week. It is a requirement for me to be there, because 90% of my workers are students. Which means I only have 8 staff member and feeding about 325 people 3 times a day/ 7 days a week.
    I am on salary, is it OK for my employer to request me to work so many hours?
    My contract states I must be here at least 50 hours a week and I do not receive over time? Is this legal?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 6, 2008, 11:57 AM

Legal, yep, not nice, so your options ask for more money, ask for them to hire an assistant

Or just refuse to work more than 50 or 55 hours, you are the director, so you schedule you people to cover what needs to be done,

May sound like time to be putting your resume out

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Minimum hours to work per week [ 1 Answers ]

I wanted to know what the Minimum hours to work per week is in CA. I heard it was 20 others said it was 15 can someone please let me know.

Salary and hours [ 1 Answers ]

If an employee works consistently over 9-10 hours per day, is there a low stating the employee should be compensated?

CRNA salary and job hours [ 1 Answers ]

I am a CCU nurse currently and am thinking of becoming a CRNA. I'm wondering if anyone has any information of the day to day job and what you can expect as a starting salary? Thanks.

Salary v.s. Hours worked [ 2 Answers ]

If you work for a company making 35K salary, are there any limits to the amount of hours that you can be demanded to work? In specific, this company is requiring me to work 11-16 hours a day and possibly working weekends as well. There is no compensation for over-time as the pay is set at a...

Pto hours and salary [ 3 Answers ]

I was told if you are on salary and you work mor than four hours a day, that if you leave early that day that they should not deduct it from your pto hours or your check. Is that true?

View more questions Search