Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tammyp Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2006, 11:58 PM
    Brown discharge - what is going on now? - please help
    I have been off the pill since Aug last year. In November my period was a week late but nothing came of it just lots of stress. I Know I have been really anxious because my friends who weren't even trying are now pregnant. I have been under a lot of stress because we have just bought a house & the tenant won't move out. My doc says I should relax & it will happen. In march I had servere side cramps around mid cycle & after a blood test my doc said I didn't ovulate (which could be stress related). I took clomid just once (in march) & decided not to continue & just give it some time. My period was a little early last month - cycle was 27 days. I expected my period on the 11Th or 12th but nothing. On the 13th in the evening I had a little bit of a brownish discharge which I know sounds disgusting - but it looked like old blood. It is not there all the time- more so when I wipe. There has been a little blood every now & again when I go to the loo. Today is now the 15th there is still no normal period. Should I be concerned? What could it be? SHould I speak to the gynea again ? The doc says relax - how can I relax when these strange things happen. PLEASE HELP!
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2006, 01:44 AM
    Are you trying to relax as doc says?
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jun 17, 2006, 10:29 AM
    Dear, as you said, you've been under a lot of stress lately and this could be one of the reasons you are having irregularities, cramps and spotting.

However, if it is a real discharge, like mucous and a little smelly, your doctor should have noticed and given you something for it. Real 'discharges' that are any other color but clear or slightly milky, should be checked out.

It's possible that your period started and due to the stress, stopped and therefore a little bleeding (or just spotting), and you might not have ovluated since you also took the medication and stopped it yourself. At this point, your body probably did not know how to react to what you were doing to it.

With all the 'outside' stress and all, it would not hurt to see your gynecologist just to get reassurance on that part. And see is you can keep you 'daily' stress level as low as possible.

Until then, don't put too much on your plate and start planning on a pregnancy just yet - it's not good for you to be stressed before or after conception.

Good luck, and please keep us posted.

tammyp Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2006, 12:38 AM
    Thank you for the reply. I do know that I get stressed & don't know what else to do or how to stop. On Saturday I got my period or what seemed like my period because I don't know anymore. It was really heavy & there were lots of clots. It has eased up however & seemed to normalize. The common words I use now is " i don't know" & I think that is what bothers me so much. I did give my gynea a call & he said I should wait till Tuesday & then take a hpt.
    I didn't stop the medication on my own - I discussed it with my doc & said that due to all the stress I wouldn't want to the medication & he said I should just relax & wait it out & not concentrate of falling pregnant & if it happens just be happy. I think when the house is sorted things will be okay. I just want things to be normal till then. Thanks again for the replies
    jms16 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2013, 01:16 AM
    I had surgery Aug 8, 2013 on my ovaries to remove cysts. Since than I have had nothing but problems, been in the er 6 times since for massive bleeding, constipation, bad cramping, pain n pressure in vagina and abdomen, nausea etc. There were many reasons, surgery has seemed to be a mistake but now I have a brown slimmy discharge, there is no odor at present moment, I'm real scared and unsure of what is really going in with my body, what could it possibly be ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Brown Discharge [ 3 Answers ]

We are trying to conceive, have been for the last 7 months. I usually have a 28-30 day cycle, this month 13 days after my period I started to have a dark brown discharge with small to medium size clots, no cramping. It continued for 6 days. Should I be concerned? Is this break through bleeding? And...

Brown liquid not like discharge [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I have been to the doctors with very sore nether regions, bleeding from the skin around my vagina not from inside, abdominal pain mainly on the left lower down at front and sudden severe incontinence She said I had a urine infeciton and possibly thush (dispite the lack of discharge) and I...

Brown discharge and no period? [ 10 Answers ]

:confused: Hey, I was hoping someone could help me. It's about my period, or should I say my non-existent period. My last period was in May about 7 weeks ago (from the last day) and I'm about 3 weeks late. I've been late before, but this time it's different. A few days ago I thought I had gotten...

Brown discharge, please help me. [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 18 and last week my boyfriend and I had sex for the first time. Well, this was the very first time for me. And the last two times we've had sex, I would look down on the sheets and there would be this brown stain from me. I thought I had gotten my period the first time it happened and then it...

Brown Discharge? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been having brown discharge or spotting for a few weeks now. I have taken a pregnancy test twice and both times negative. I am on the pill as well. What could it be?

View more questions Search